Forever Alone

By Lisa - 19/08/2018 23:30

Today, at my younger sister's wedding, my hospitalised grandmother called to ask if I have a boyfriend yet, both my parents wondered if I'll ever get married, and when the 13-year-old next to me caught the bouquet, his father yelled from the back to give it to me instead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 899
You deserved it 218

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Emma Marshall 19

I don't understand why women are expected to get a boyfriend or have kids..... just like men aren't expected to.

watch the British show Miranda. your fml reminds me of it. :) take care OP

Comments

watch the British show Miranda. your fml reminds me of it. :) take care OP

Emma Marshall 19

I don't understand why women are expected to get a boyfriend or have kids..... just like men aren't expected to.

No I’m a guy and my parents are asking exactly the same questions.

Male here. Get this question all the time. I take it as just another topic of a conversation, especially if they don’t know me. I respectfully tell them I’m not dating and then politely change the subject to my studies etc. No major fuss. If they’re really pushy, I’ll either find a way out of the conversation or explain that it’s not a top-priority in my life at the moment.

As a man I myself I have heard that question to many times. It's just so annoying when the ask, when are you getting a girlfriend? If it was that easy for me I would already have one by now.

tounces7 27

I don't know that we're not expected to, but it's significantly more challenging to find someone as a guy either way unless you're among the exceptionally attractive top 10%.

How is it more challenging? It's not like every woman no matter how they look just goes out of the house and can choose between a number of guys.

I hope Granny pulls through — you’re gonna need her to be the only guest at your bridal shower.

How old are you? This is a FML either way but I'm curious.

Tell them you’re gay. Hopefully they will leave you alone.

Tell them you haven't found the right person yet but will in your own time

"I've dedicated my life to serving the Dark Lord. Now, if you'll excuse me, there's a virgin out there that needs sacrificing, and I'm running late."

Dr_Jackal 16

Have patience, the right person will come along eventually. It’ll probably be when you least expect it. Just stay confident and don’t worry about it!

Why do you assume that she's even interested in that happening?

Nhayaa 21

Well, the real question is : do you even want to get married?

Mymy 5

It said “his” father. Like as in a boy caught the boutique. Isn’t it that only single women get to be able to catch the boutique?