By Anonymous - 03/12/2014 18:34 - United States - Hartford

Today, I realized that although I'm dating the most loveable, caring and genuine man, the fact that he's a crack addict means I'll never be his drug of choice when he needs a hit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 934
You deserved it 21 565

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Surely the fact he takes crack is concern enough?

OP, shouldn't you be more worried that he's a crack addict?

Comments

This really speaks to me. I dunno if this will help you or not, but I was in a similar situation recently with my boyfriend, except I'm the addict, not him. I relapsed and he pretty much kicked me out and won't have anything to do with me. Claims he loves me, and I know he does. Just really hurts he turned his back on me. But he knew that in that state of being, I would do anything to get high, didn't matter who I hurt or lied to or whatever. He couldn't go on like that. I'm clean now. And it's because of the break up. Because as much as I want to be with him and love him, our relationship was poison to me. There's a lot more to it than I can explain here. But in the end, as much as it hurts, and feels like you'll never meet anyone like that again, splitting could be the best thing for both of you. It would make him have to face the consequences of losing a great relationship because of his use, that was really the only thing that snapped me out of my relapse. And it's best for you, you can't be with someone you don't trust. That's a miserable way to live. I dunno, I've been on both sides of the fence. Being an addict and also being the sober one having to deal with an addict. Neither is fun. Neither can progress. Idk. Just my 2 cents.

Don't enable him. He either needs to get clean, or you end the relationship. Since you seem to be totally accepting of the whole crack addict thing, YDI.

maybe not but you can be his punching bag when he needs something to hit... they can get quite violent

Do some of you not know what "hit" means in relation to drugs?? She does not mean that he is physically hitting her. She means hit as in "hit the pipe, bowl, etc. As in smoking crack.

missnikkiixoxo 13