By Anonymous - 20/09/2012 12:31 - United States

Today, I realized just how bad my 28-year-old husband's gamer rage is when I came home to a smashed TV. This is the second TV in three months that he's destroyed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 077
You deserved it 4 435

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Smash one TV, shame on you. Smash two TVs, shame on me.

Comments

You can get unbreakable glass. That might be an investment to think about if were you.

Calling it "Gamer rage" makes it sound all cute and quirky and like something that every normal guy gets. It isn't - the fact he was playing a game is irrelevant. The rage is the issue, not what causes it. Therapy time!

Simple. Don't buy a new TV unless he pays cash for it out of his own paycheck. No credit cards and no use of the joint account.

Idea A: Don't put out any of your own money towards buying a new TV. Idea B: Dump him. He's clearly psychotic and violent, and most likely going to turn on you at some point in the future.

My bad, been kicking his butt in Call of Duty past 3 months! P.S He sucks! Go back to Mario Bros

Honestly, people generally learn how to deal with frustration and anger at inconsequential things at a fairly young age in life. Most of the gamers I know wouldn't act that way. At the age of like seven I knew that if a game frustrated me that badly I turned it off and did something else. Because it's just a GAME. Sorry OP but it sounds like your husband may have other issues besides gamer rage.

CountMango 5

As a gamer, that's actually extremely, for lack of a better word, violent. Get him different games :S

Wait it took you three smashed TVs for you to realize he had an anger problem? I think two might've tipped you off OP

duravian 1

I know the feel.. I could set up a museum with all my destroyed technology from gaming since I was a tiny man. Someone, stop the rage!!