By Teddy - 26/11/2012 20:54 - United States - Gardner

Spicy
Today, I ran into my sister, who nobody in the family has seen in six years. She looked very happy working the pole. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 923
You deserved it 4 036

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Happy is happy. She's obviously having fun being a firefighter.

loulumpkin 8

That's rough man. It could be worse though, at least you know she is alive.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

***his.. Note the gender sign.. Plus it makes more sense for a dude to be hanging out at a strip joint..

9- It's his sister* EDIT- 11 beat me to it, sorry.

unknown_user5566 26

1- Pretty sure I'd be upset if my reunion with an estranged sibling happened while they were nearly-nude, shaking their stuff for a bunch of strangers.

1 - I agree. If you haven't been bothered to see your own sister in 6 years, whether by her choice or yours, then you don't have any moral grounds to be upset if she's a stripper.

Honestly, I can see why 1 said that. If OP's sister hasn't seen the family for 6 years, they clearly weren't in good terms or close at all. Probably, didn't get along as a family, not all families are tight knit. It's like why even care now if you never cared before, if they did to some degree they would have stayed in contact. It's possible OP is just ashamed to see what she does for a living rather than being concerned for her safety or else he'd have tried to find/contact her. Unless of course the sister wanted nothing to do with family.

But what if you've tried to find her? Let's say your sister turned 18 and just left. You've looked for her everywhere. And finally six years you see her again. But she's shaking her stuff for random guys. Aren't boys supposed to be defensive and want to protect their sisters?

41 ******* idiot, can't you read? Nobody in his family has seen her in 6 years, it wasn't his own choice not to visit her asshole, he was completely incapable of visiting her.

its funny you were at a strip club. but clearly disapprove of your sister being a stripper. do you think the other strippers have no families? to each his own OP. your sister makes her own decisions as do we all. and we live with the consequences. good or bad

68 - "not to visit her asshole" or "not to visit her, asshole"? They mean very different things.

101- he never said he was disappointed that his sister was a sister or thought that she had made a bad life decision. Maybe it was just awkward to see his sister almost naked and acting sexy ...

I think the very fact that this is an FML shows that he was disappointed in his sister for being a pole dancer. Yet he was still perfectly happy to visit a strip club and leer at the other girls doing it. Slightly ironic and hypocritical, don't you think?

Hey, it's better then a prostitute! Think on the positive side!

Its reasonble to like strippers but still be pissed your sister is one. As a guy we are hard wored to hate any one looking at our sisters in pretty much anyway. Its like if your GF went and became a hooker. "To each their own" no longer appllies.

samsch0 0

Because she's still family, no matter what.

105 - ha, I see what you mean. I meant the phrase with the comma :P

#1 chveya its his sister ofc he cares about his family god.

Yikes! Was she at least good at it?

I doubt that is what's going through OP's head as he watches a bunch of men ogle over his sister on a strip pole...

Well there's nothing he can do about it, but I'm sure it would suck a tad less if she was good at it at least. Also, if she didn't take a guy to a private session. That too.

I'd want my sister to bad at it, personally. If she was good... and I was sick enough to find it good, that would be so much worse...

Oh my.. I'm pretty sure OP would have thought it sucked, even if she was "good" even though I doubt he looked long enough to tell..

Oh. 38 kinda, sorta, who am I kidding, beat me to it.

Wow you guys suck the humor out of everything.

^you are one to talk. all of your comments are usually cynical, and you never get when people don't like your sucky comments

citymayer 7

Amen 103. Well played. A simple thumb up wouldn't suffice.

Wow, you don't have to be a total asshole towards her.

128-I have held in my hatred for this women for a while, I finally had to tell her off

Sen3s, you've been trailing behind me on almost all of my recent comments. I don't think you understand what 'dry' humor is. However, thank you for the hate. Keeps things interesting.

Kn0wledge123 21

No no, Harpy. The humor wasn't dry. It was just creepy. And sucked.

Harpy- all you deserve is a Nelson Muntz "HA-HA".

135- Well I couldn't care less if I entertain you or not, this isn't dry humor. Dry humor is anti-joke chicken memes. Your comments aren't funny by taking things in a serious way, your humor is not being funny.

sioux4 17

Awkward... Did she recognize you OP? If so, super awkward!

I don't think she'd see him if she's focusing on the pole.

honeybadgerr 9

Sioux.. I know this is extremely off topic.. but are you a fan if the fighting Sioux by any chance?

jacquesromualdez 12

Hopefully OP meant North Pole. :(

chrissy2 28

I hope that OP got out of there as fast as he could before she recognized him!

I hope he stuck and around and got a chance to talk to her.

65 That's exactly what he meant. His sister ran away to be one of Santa's little helpers. She's very happy now.

91: I think u mean one of Santa's little ho ho hos

How would she not recognize her own brother..

Cocaine is a hell of a drug... CHARLEY MUPHEY! Head butts random cow*

loulumpkin 8

That's rough man. It could be worse though, at least you know she is alive.

winnerme123 8

Another bright side is that she was working a pole instead of a corner.

She's probably making some good money too.

Classlfied 4

He probably meant the North Pole. It's almost Christmas and the elves are hard at work!

Im sure she works alot more poles then just the one you saw

Looks like you won't be seeing her any longer..

enormouselephant 15

Even if she's a stripper, why wouldn't he want to pursue the lost relationship?

jgriff79 23

At least she wasn't giving you a private dance.

SystemofaBlink41 27

I can only imagine your reaction... "whoa! Who is tha--- HOLY SHIT!"