By Anonymous - 19/12/2014 19:36 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, I posted a photo on Facebook showing a side-by-side view of me before and after I'd tried out my new makeup. My dad commented, "What is this, Gollum cosplaying an Orc?" My mum, brother, and over 20 "friends" liked his comment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 591
You deserved it 5 542

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'll never understand why family thinks it's okay to perform a blow like that.

Comments

What everyone should do is think of who is saying the joke, and if it's your father who wouldn't mean to be hurtful then don't take it in that way. It's up to you whether or not to get hurt for no reason by good people. If your dad is normally be a prick then that is really bad and I'm sorry to hear this :(

Astrum14 24

People don't choose to be insulted. It's an involuntary emotional reaction. And "good people" don't make comments like that unless they know the person they're saying it to won't be insulted.

#32, people don't choose to be insulted? I'm a former cop, I've worked in customer service in call centers and fast food, in each line of work you have insults hurled at you every single day. If I couldn't choose not to be insulted, I'd have quit within a week.

I guess that's what happens when you live in Middle Earth...

martin8337 35

What does cosplaying mean? What is an Orc and a Gollum? I don't know what this reference is.

uhnevermind 24

Cosplaying is when someone dresses as a fictional character. Orcs and Gollum are references to Lord of the Rings. (The intended joke was that they're ugly characters.)

cheshireau 26

People know they can delete comments on their own posts, right?

This is hilarious! Don't get pissed off by this, if this really annoys you then you're gonna have a hard time with other stuff in life.

Please don't use facebook to try and make you feel better about yourself. Not only is self-esteem from less shallow things more rewarding, but trolls on the internet will only make you feel worse.

conihana 3

I'm sure people liked your dad's comment because it was funny and not because its true.