By why they bomb - 09/03/2015 06:01 - Canada - Campbell River

Today, feeling in need of a self-esteem boost, I took what I thought was a good selfie and I put it on Facebook. Out of 500 friends, the only response I got was a picture of Saddam Hussein with the caption, "This is why I bomb people." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 932
You deserved it 7 831

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe he said that because your picture was the bomb

That's what you get when you're fishing for a self-esteem boost on social media. Sorry. Be happy with yourself, regardless of what everyone else thinks. Pride comes from within, not from the approval of others.

Comments

Maybe he said that because your picture was the bomb

octinate 17

Shouldn't rely on Facebook to boost your self esteem, maybe.

I actually laughed at that dude that was really funny. XD

derpina72 23

I have to agree with #22, you really shouldn't rely on Facebook likes for your self esteem, OP. if you liked the picture, that's all that really matters.

I hate selfies regardless, but I imagine duckface n filters all over. I am likely wrong but that's how I PICTURE it!

when you reach these numbers on Facebook it's obvious that you hardly even know who any of them are. it's a YDI for sure. also, OP, you said 500 hundred... ever heard of RAS Syndrome? it stands for Redundant Acronym Syndrome Syndrome

Chill out, it was a joke. Friends make jokes. It just came at a bad moment for OP. As for OP, likes on facebook mean nothing, so don't take it too seriously. Also, don't worry, Saddam Hussein is dead, so he won't be bombing anyone... if that comforts you.

Rule #1: don't go to the Internet looking for a self esteem boost

#27, please accept Rule #2: "crack? Not even once." Edit: and then I read your comment below as #29... complete redemption for you my friend!

27, sounds like you work for the Dept. Of Redundancy Department.

No they didn't? It says "500 friends."

#3: Like a leftover unexploded dud, lost and forgotten alone in the woods for years until it's accidentally rediscovered as a booby-trap by someone innocent? Yeah, that's probably what you meant.

I'm sure you're more beautiful than that person, and these so called friends. Chin up OP, it gets better!

then again being more beautiful than Saddam isn't all that rare.

Eyalsh 32

i believe she was referring to the person posting the photo-comment of saddam hussain. that been said i don't get why she is being down-voted. don't bury my comment, i'd rather have you explain :)

19990231 29

Was someone photobombing it?

I don't know why you expected much. Out of those 500 people, probably only 25 of them actually go on.

@18 I don't get why you expect us to cheer OP up. We didn't get this app for that reason...we got it to laugh or be amuse. Besides, the Internet is not a very good place to look for sympathy or boost of self-esteem!

Next take, just take a picture of a pet instead.

Scheffy213 17

sorry that friends seem to suck at times

Sorry, 500 anonymous names on FB do not constitute "friends". Even if we give her 20 people she actually knows, that's a shit ton of folks she wouldn't be able to pick out of a crowded room. And she went fishing for a compliment from these mokes?? Sad.

countryb_cth 38

I highly doubt she even knew the person. Having 500 people on your Facebook doesn't mean that when you fish for complements you will get what you want.

Just remember, no matter how cliche it sounds, that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you are extremely attractive to plenty of people. Don't let your "friends" get you down

Facebook friends are not always real friends...

Sorry OP! Forget those who bring you down, they're not worth it!

No is bringing her down. She did that herself by expecting 500 people who im sure all of them aren't her close friends to like a picture.

Cozy_Blanket 16

To be fair I doubt op wanted everyone to comment and tell her she looked good. Then she really didn't expect that other comment!