By Kelleee - 30/09/2017 20:00

Today, I paid £200 for a car service to make sure everything was running okay. I got the all clear that everything was perfect and all necessary fluids topped up. I then wrote the car off 20 minutes later in an accident. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 159
You deserved it 453

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Moral of the story: never get your car serviced in any way because it could be totaled mere minutes later. In fact, anything worth working for could be taken away in an instant. Love isn’t worth the effort. Give up now.

OP, at least you left with your life. Getting your car serviced is important.

Comments

Moral of the story: never get your car serviced in any way because it could be totaled mere minutes later. In fact, anything worth working for could be taken away in an instant. Love isn’t worth the effort. Give up now.

OP, at least you left with your life. Getting your car serviced is important.

Lobby_Bee 17

If you didn't get it serviced, it probably would of broken down before accident, thus it is wise to never service your car.

Buying a car can be tricky at times especially if you bought it from the previous owner And not a dealership. Buying a used car is going to have some where and tear on the car and not regular car maintenance repairs will come sooner then later.Im not 100% if this is right but I feel like you can take legal action against the people that told you that the car is safe to drive. If this had happened to me it wouldn't have even been about getting my money back. Those people probably have done that to other people as well ( assuming you went to a licensed mechanic) and next time someone might die.

If the accident was your fault - YDI. If the accident was not your fault then sorry OP, those things happen.

I'm guessing from the lack of information, the accident was your fault...if that's the case, YDI

My cars only breakdown right after either filling the tank, or buying all new tires. Your luck has choosen "servicing" as the trigger to become unusable.

We had just gotten 4 new tires for our car for $300 and my husband got into an accident and the car got totaled. So, you're no the only one.

I had my car serviced, fairly new tyres, full tank of fuel and cleaned, ready for a road trip to see a friend, and then someone swerved into me to avoid rear ending someone else, and I never got to drive the car again. :(