Hello?

By NoHappyEndings - 30/09/2017 17:15 - United States - Dundalk

Today, it's been four weeks since I got a job offer after months of grueling interviews. I turned down other offers to accept the job, but I'm still unemployed because no one at the company will take my calls about my official start date. I've been ghosted by a corporate office. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 830
You deserved it 362

Same thing different taste

Top comments

it's easy to see now, but maybe you should have gotten your official start date before you turned down all of your other offers

Well, there you have it, OP. Based on the great unsolicited advice you’ve received from the FML comments section, you’re only one trip in a time machine away from going back and taking a different job! Simple!

Comments

it's easy to see now, but maybe you should have gotten your official start date before you turned down all of your other offers

talaswolf 20

after the first few tries of them not answering you should have taken one of the other offers.

That’s almost as bad as being friend-zoned by a company — that’s when they let you work there, but for no pay and certainly no benefits. Otherwise, you’d be a friend with benefits!

Well, there you have it, OP. Based on the great unsolicited advice you’ve received from the FML comments section, you’re only one trip in a time machine away from going back and taking a different job! Simple!

why don't you just go in? phonecalls are tricky, at least if you do a face to face you'll know 100%

This kind of thing is exactly why people should never turn down offers while waiting. You can't count on things working out - they could cut contact, change their minds, or the job could suck. The job you land may not be the job you dreamed of, but at least you'd have something. I've been in the same boat, and this is the lesson I've learned.

Better get to begging the scorned jobs for a reconsideration. Ive done it, and gotten a job from it. Better than being unemployed.

I just noticed your username. Is the company you’re trying to work for Massage Envy? Hahahaha!