By alynna007 - 02/01/2013 10:31 - United States - Lakewood

Today, I overheard my mother telling my sister that she expects my marriage to fall apart any day now. Apparently, I have no concept of what "marriage" really means. My husband and I just celebrated our 7th anniversary, while my mother is planning her 5th wedding. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 360
You deserved it 2 321

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DarkJediLove 19

Don't mind her, she seems to think marriage is about quantity and not quality.

Comments

nycwrestler 17
RedPillSucks 31

I believe #33 was commenting on #29 profile picture. Most likely, #29 was fired from her job for not smiling enough.

Well OP, let me enlighten you on marriage. Marriage, is like a revolving door...

RedPillSucks 31

? sometimes it smacks you in the ass and sometimes it crushes your foot? Sorry, I'm really bad a analogies.

58 - apparently you are really bad with revolving doors too!

How sad it is when you hear about mothers being jealous of their daughters' happiness. Ignore her, OP. She sounds bitter.

MexicanTexasQtt 9

Your poor husband. She sounds like such a monster-in-law.

That sounds a lot like my mother... I would just ignore it and let her eat her heart out. No use fighting with someone who is going to refuse to see the truth right before her eyes. Congrats though, love is hard to find!

Your mother is probably thinking you're close to the notorious "Seven Year Itch" mark. Did she discover your husband's wig collection?

First off Happy Anniversary! Second, don't mind your mother she is just jealous and probably doesn't know how you were able to do what she could not; keep a marriage. I wish the best to you OP!