By alynna007 - 02/01/2013 10:31 - United States - Lakewood

Today, I overheard my mother telling my sister that she expects my marriage to fall apart any day now. Apparently, I have no concept of what "marriage" really means. My husband and I just celebrated our 7th anniversary, while my mother is planning her 5th wedding. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 360
You deserved it 2 321

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DarkJediLove 19

Don't mind her, she seems to think marriage is about quantity and not quality.

Comments

Vegnas 13

That is what we in the psychology field call "displacement"

The best revenge in the world is proving someone wrong. Ok, that's actually second best. The best is hiding a rotting fish in someone's car - by the time they figure it out, the odor is permanent. But this is a close second.

nobody was wrong about marriage, it's kinda life for everyone ,find out yours

You should point that out to her! Don't just let her talk smack, tell her how it is.

Is it really worth getting married if you gonna have to go through divorce? Waste all that money.

skyeyez9 24

Apparently, your mom thinks marriage is all about getting a divorce and starting over every few years.

You know what they say about starting over, finding and/or re-inventing yourself. I'm sure the past marriages were associated with some seriously bad phases, each more horrible than the last (the "cheetah-print" phase with Steve; the "go-go boots are for EVERYday" phase with John; the "I'm gonna be a body-builder" phase with Bubba; ...) and the divorce was a form of ending that phase. For OP's mom, maybe 'finding herself' is the same as 'finding a man'?