By SakuraFubuki92 - 12/03/2012 02:13 - United States

Today, I moved out of my apartment by the highway and airport, and into a new place below people who blast loud music, stomp their feet, and slam doors throughout the night. I haven't had a decent night's sleep in over a year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 119
You deserved it 2 740

SakuraFubuki92 tells us more.

SakuraFubuki92 12

Well, I get disability because I can't walk well and am really sick so I barely make enough to put up my part of the rent, let alone move. My best friend/roommate has already complained.

Top comments

You can complain to like the residence office. Sorry I'm not sure what it's called exactly, but they'll give them a warning. We had people EXACTLY like that at my dads old apartment and they gave them a warning and once they got too many complaints, they were kicked out.

Comments

thecookielovrxx 8

thats the people below me :/

SakuraFubuki92 12

I lived by the airport and a major highway before. I just moved into this place. They didn't show us the exact apartment we'd be getting, so we didn't know our neighbors would be loud. And we can't move upstairs because I'm disabled. It's a nice place, just shitty neighbors who don't listen to complaints.

I think you need to Call the Cops if they don't Comply with your pleas. This is utter nonsense that you're having to put up with and that you need a good night's rest to feel better. I am so sorry that you're Disabled and if the apartment had an Elevator, then it wouldn't be such a problem. Keep complaining to the landlord and see if he'll finally evict the raunchy noisemakers out of your unit.

Chris20003 17

I'm sorry to hear that OP, I have the same problem, if you fix the problem let know how you did it!

I live in a university residence and I swear there are doors slamming and people yelling in the halls at all hours of the night. I've learned to sleep with headphones in, it's the only thing that stops me from getting woken up at 4AM.

Get a gun, shot one of them... Problem solved! Seriously I hate noisey neighbours! I have two but one is a serious cnut! Banging doors at all hours and loud music. hope you sort it ;)

So complain to the complex's management and invest in some ear plugs? Shit like that is just what happens in apartments.

Disturbing the peace or a sound ordinance violation.

you haven't slept for a year yet you moved there today? good one..

fogrunner 13

Note the words highway and airport...

Earplugs and Melatonin :) works for me every time.

catarina8lucas 0

Ok..um, so you said you moved in today, but you haven't slept in over a year? You do realize that's not possible right? Either make sure ur story is not a lie or go back to first grade math...