By SakuraFubuki92 - 12/03/2012 02:13 - United States

Today, I moved out of my apartment by the highway and airport, and into a new place below people who blast loud music, stomp their feet, and slam doors throughout the night. I haven't had a decent night's sleep in over a year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 119
You deserved it 2 740

SakuraFubuki92 tells us more.

SakuraFubuki92 12

Well, I get disability because I can't walk well and am really sick so I barely make enough to put up my part of the rent, let alone move. My best friend/roommate has already complained.

Top comments

You can complain to like the residence office. Sorry I'm not sure what it's called exactly, but they'll give them a warning. We had people EXACTLY like that at my dads old apartment and they gave them a warning and once they got too many complaints, they were kicked out.

Comments

ask the land lord if there's anything they could do, I mean theirs nothing to lose. :p

sickenedwinter86 0

The woes of apartment life... I live in an apartment over my landlords garage. They also rent apartments in apartment buildings. It is always a safe bet to check and see if your landlord may be able to offer a similar arrangement. It's much quieter in this situation!

sickenedwinter86 0

Also aparrently some of you neglect to see where the OP lived before. Near the airport. Which probably is why he/she hasn't slept well in a year ;)

Nikkitaria 9

Become catwoman and crash that party!

If its been a year just move out again.

Epikouros 31

That's what she just did, genius - out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Today, I'm teetotal and living in student accommodation. I'm told you get used to it after a while. Btw, noise canceling earphones are shit, try noise isolating.

Had the same problem. Conflict resolution: Landlord, police, multiple complaints, court. I won because I had evidence.... videotapes. I won back rent AND they moved out. BTW, somebody mentioned a shitty job..... but when you sign a lease, you pay whether you are there or not. I was paying a hefty rental on a very decent place.... just bad neighbors. Upper/Lower duplex. It happens. Grow up.

Same thing happened to me.. My mom thought they were undercover pogo champions and we moved out of the horrible place.. Sad to c your stuck with it

Yes go complain about the teens havin fun cause all they can afford is an apartment complex just like u. A better idea ask for relocation to a high floor, don't start stuff in an apartment complex cause that's just how it is. You 1inch sheet rock walls don't change when you get new neighbors

OR, people could just learn to be respectful when living in a building full of other people who also have lives to live. I don't understand how people can justify being so rude. :/ Either way, if you took a few seconds to actually read the comments you'd see OP is in a wheelchair so she can't exactly just move to a higher floor dipshit.