By Sarcasmo - 12/07/2016 20:04 - United States - Madison

Today, I'm so broke that I had to get a refund for my unopened hummus, just so I'd be able to afford the bus fare to get to work tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 856
You deserved it 1 294

Same thing different taste

Top comments

justcommenting19 19

Well, on the bright side, you still got to where to need to be.

Comments

I've got some glue and tape if you want help. Trust me, I'm an expert on broken hearts.

That sucks, but if you live close to where you need to go, you should bike or walk to save money

Unfortunately you can't really function in a modern society without a phone. Doesn't mean OP spent hundreds of dollars on the newest one. Could be they got one free with signing a contract and is on the cheapest plan they can get while using free WiFi to post to FML....

Really? Having a phone with the ability to connect to the Internet is not a luxury in a first world country - it is necessary. Imagine you are interviewing for a job and you have a question to ask. Should you drive home and use the computer, ask to borrow a friends phone, or go into the interview half blind?

No offense or sarcasm here but I don't think they charge any money to post stories here on fml. And I don't believe OP spends all or majority of his income on his monthly cell phone bill. We could both be wrong. Not everyone on fml uses the mobile app. He could have posted this using a computer at a library or work? But I hope OP manages his finances well for times like this.

Been there. Keep on the sunny side OP. Lotta hard work and just a smidge of luck and it gets better

Hummmm, I hate that you're going through this

That sucks. Life will get better. I was just thinking about my college days of relative starvation and how much better off I would have been if I had resources like the internet we have now. If you need help coming up with cheap eats and cooking strategy, it is all over the internet nowadays. I hope you get a nice raise/promotion and won't have to scrounge for the hummus anymore.

I hope you don't reproduce, I'd hate to see your kids going to school with glue and tape on their broken arm

I feel for you OP...If it were me that would be my breaking point lol having to return the hummus would destroy me ;_; ...Hummus is my Bae <3 I would legit run crying down the street lol... but in all seriousness I feel for you...I am currently laid off and just got in a car accident. Right now its between getting out of the house and paying for transportation or staying at home and wallowing in hot summer misery so I dont have to spend the little money I have. It will get better for both of us! :)

That's pretty impressive that you typed that comment while dying from major internal bleeding or a heart attack.