By anon7113 - 08/01/2011 10:16 - United States

Today, I'm getting over strep throat. The antibiotics they gave me make me have diarrhea unless I eat yogurt in between each pill. That wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't lactose-intolerant. Yogurt gives me really bad gas. So I have to choose between painful gas or diarrhea. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 082
You deserved it 2 899

anon7113 tells us more.

anon7113 0

One, I do take an enzyme to help me break down food. It's called Similase. Both acidophilus (sp?) and lactaid don't work for me at all. I've tried. Two, even if yogurt doesn't have lactose in it, it doesn't change the fact that it gives me very painful gas. Three, my mother won't take me to get soy yogurt. Four, I would have asked the pharmacist for a substitute, had I been the one picking up my medication. Unfortunately, my mother didn't realize the problem when the pharmacist was explaining the "eat some yogurt to help with diarrhea side effects" part. Five, whoever said to get a different pill is obviously not good in this area. Most antibiotics can cause diarrhea and the only way to get rid of the strep bacteria is to take antibiotics. So really, I don't have much choice about the pill. Just some clarifications. Thanks. :)

Top comments

I vote gas, at least u can do something rather then sitting on the toilet

knibbsy 4

Gas is by far the lesser of the two evils. Would you rather go through a roll of toilet paper in 2 hours, leaving you with a sore ass and a raw rectum from all the wiping, or amaze your family and friends by playing some of their favorite jazz tunes with your flatulence?

Comments

take some probiotics pills to help. trust me, I'm in the same boat with the strep and all and I'm not stinking up the house

take the ***** it not only would clean your colon it will also help you lose the Christmas weight

don't get what the problem is...there are lactose-free milk products:/ moron

SuperSeriouslyFM 0

I vote diarrhea. Grab a gameboy or a magazine and just sit on the toilet. I do that when I have to take a dump. I may be a chick but that doesn't stop me from taking a man dump.

lqbabie 0

Me too :) I'm pooping right now

lactose-free yogurt would be your friend!

musickraze45 0

should have got the shot haha

sAnChEz_98 0

Yes try the soy yogurt or the Lactaid tablets; they work wonders! :)