By single again - 06/09/2013 00:29 - United States - Chico

Today, I'm a police officer who had the honor of arresting my girlfriend of 3 months for prostitution. All of my coworkers at the station know her and won't stop giving me judging looks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 111
You deserved it 5 294

Same thing different taste

Comments

mimiminx 23

Mind you, you'd think that he would have done a police check on her before he dated her, so if she was well known for being a hooker, it'd have come up.

Ahh... United States, blissful country, where prostitution is illegal..

Prostitution is illegal in a lot of countries, not just the US.

Actually, prostitution is only illegal in most states. Some states do allow it, though it is heavily regulated.

That is hilarious. Plus you're a cop and you don't do background checks on your dates and it girlfriends dude? That's what I do lll

Actually as an officer it's illegal to check anyone for personal use

Apparently you're just supposed to trust that someone is telling you the truth? Hell no if I could I would run a background check on every girl I thought about dating. It would have saved me a lot of time, effort, and doctors visits.

#70, it's not like your girlfriend being a hooker is an everyday occurrence to justify this sort of paranoia... Then again, I'm not from California (or US)...

ExperimentV 9

Man, that sucks. I'm headed for the academy in a couple of years and... Jeez. I wonder if she thought you'd get her off the hook for that? Some kind of a pissing contest? "My boyfriend will beat your boyfriend" "No he won't my boyfriend a cop?" Hell, I dunno. But seriously. Ouch.

Yeah, it makes you wonder whether she was dating a cop on purpose, to help her "business" somehow...

You know how many other dudes you were sleeping with? If it's like a hot dog down a hallway, you know you got problems.

Oh brother that's a ruff egg to swallow! As for you're coworkers some maybe looking that way but surely not everyone, it just feels like they are. Keep you're head up you obviously didn't know that she was a prostitute get checked and be safe out there! Don't let this distract you of you're job.

Do you just get called in on her or patrolling that area? If so I think it would be better to monitor someplace else...

RedPillSucks 31

Kudos for you OP. Many guys would have looked the other way and let her slide. You chose to uphold the law. Ignore the looks from your co-workers, although, I'm wondering how many of them knew she was a prostitute when you started dating.