By can't wait to go home - 10/06/2016 19:18 - Trinidad and Tobago - Port-of-spain

Today, I lost an art contest to some talentless arsepipe whose piece was literally just a broken heart crudely drawn in her own blood. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 280
You deserved it 1 986

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like she put more heart into her work

mds9986 24

Well the judges must have thought it was bloody fantastic. Don't get so heart broken over it.

Comments

Oh look, OP is a representational purist. You deserve to lose if you can't even appreciate your competitors' work.

PANDORUM89 21

The fact that you called them a talentless arsewipe is a bit odd since they WON. Perhaps you'd be able to further your talent if you crawled out from under that judgmental rock. Art is something that comes from within a human being. Perhaps the judges found MEANING in her work. I don't know what you did for your piece, but maybe they have already seen something like it before. maybe it didn't move them, maybe they couldn't connect with it.

If the winning piece was far shittier than OP's in the eyes of those that mattered at that moment (i.e. The judges), it wouldn't have won. Just because it is not to OP's taste, doesn't mean it's a shitty piece.

PANDORUM89 21

I 100% agree! Like I posted down below, the truth of the matter could be OP did not deliver a piece that spoke to the judges. Or the piece could have been an overdone style that they had seen too many times before. However, the fact that OP called them talentless is funny since they actually won the competition and OP lost. With that mindset I'm actually a Gold medal Olympian, because I think the actual winner has no talent.

Ah, hypocrisy. You get to say "that's not art, my kid could make that" about her work, but you get all snooty when I say it about yours.

Why are you complaining? It was an art CONTEST, and she won fair and square. The judges saw something in her artwork that they didn't in yours.

Did they view it as a "conceptual piece"?

don't feel bad about it op. In the scholastic art awards for my area, a yellow piece of paper covered in lines titled "legal pad" got a gold key...