By can't wait to go home - 10/06/2016 19:18 - Trinidad and Tobago - Port-of-spain

Today, I lost an art contest to some talentless arsepipe whose piece was literally just a broken heart crudely drawn in her own blood. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 280
You deserved it 1 986

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like she put more heart into her work

mds9986 24

Well the judges must have thought it was bloody fantastic. Don't get so heart broken over it.

Comments

It is my first time to comment here!!?

What exactly does OP's attractiveness have to do with anything? Aside from that, I'd say she has a point. Hell, if I put time and effort into building up my skills and then painting a piece for a competition, only to lose to a far shittier picture for no other reason than some stupid gimmick like the artist used her own blood instead of red paint like a normal person, I'd be a tad miffed as well.

I heard of someone who painted a white piece of paper white, in a project about death and got an A*

That is actually pretty creative symbolically. Painting a blank piece of paper and handing in a piece of blank paper are vastly different. Art does not equal the amount of things you can slap on a visible plane. If you have a lot of content but you're not saying anything, that is more of a failure in my opinion.

There is a piece of art at the Art Institute of Chicago that is a red plank leaning against the wall of the museum. It is called "Red Plank".

Power over beauty imagery over taste passion and grace! Over hate and haste!

Judges are really stupid when it comes to shit like that. Dont sweat it dude

Don't worry, she probably sold her soul to Satan to win that contest. Keep practicing, be nice and go to church and God will help you beat Satan on the next one.

That does it. Forget all those art classes I took as I was growing up. Forget about my love for growing up with Bob Ross and his happy trees… From now on, my inspiration will be "what's the dumbest thing I can put onto canvas". I should make millions!

I was so excited when I saw Bon Ross on Netflix!

You can't always win, just don't give up and keep on trying.