By can't wait to go home - 10/06/2016 19:18 - Trinidad and Tobago - Port-of-spain

Today, I lost an art contest to some talentless arsepipe whose piece was literally just a broken heart crudely drawn in her own blood. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 280
You deserved it 1 986

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like she put more heart into her work

mds9986 24

Well the judges must have thought it was bloody fantastic. Don't get so heart broken over it.

Comments

I'm not a fan of most abstract art, but if I lost I wouldn't be so full of hatred. It's disappointing, but still. You might not see the beauty in it, but many probably wouldn't see the beauty in yours either. Everyone has different views and thoughts, try not to take the loss so hard and try not to be angry and hateful of those who beat you.

A certain Rob Dyke made a video on that very thing. It's very, very fitting to this FML.

A heart's sole purpose is to beat... you in an art contest, apparently.

blackrose1996 11

Oh get over yourself sounds like your ego needed the loss

This might be solely my own opinion, but anything called "art" should take some measure of talent and creativity. I get the subjective aesthetic angle of it all, but if literally any old Tom, Dick, and Harry can make it, then it shouldn't be considered art. It's just like those idiots buying air out of a museum.

Sounds like plain old butthurt to me. Obviously the judges though that no matter how talentless the arsewipe was, they had more talent than you....

PANDORUM89 21

My thing with people that say "That's not art! ANYBODY could've done that!" is to reply "Then why didn't you do it." Just because it's something simple does not make it any less creative. People that invent very simple ideas to fix some of our problems in society are not told "you aren't a real inventor! anybody could thought of that!" The basic fact is that nobody else did it, they did it.

Why don't most people vomit on canvas, self harm, push Easter eggs out of their vaginas, display their own fecal matter, etc.? Because most people are mentally sound.

49, I think we're speaking about two related, yet different, things. Inventions are often simple (yet revolutionary) things. It is true that multiple people almost certifiably have thought of specific creations, but only one person or group got the patent. What we're debating here is a matter of talent, workmanship, and creativity (even if said creation is "simple"). The problem is that people are pulling things out of their asses (sometimes literally) and calling it art. Effectively, what I'm saying is that if literally *anything* can be art, then there *is no art.*

The way the FML is written makes you sound like someone who thinks they're a good artist, but maybe your work wasn't that great after all. Or maybe your work looked great, but lacked personality. I hope you asked the people at the contest for honest feedback on why you didn't win.

It is my first time to comment here

All of these comments are puns and its triggering me

Ugh. A school in Canberra awarded their art prize to a student who stuck a click art picture of an eyeball to random surfaces. Yea, interactive, but also an idea that had been thought of and dismissed by pretty much every one who had read 1984.