By howtobesingle - 07/04/2016 02:45 - Norway - Oslo

Today, I listened to my best friend complain, again, about the two guys she's seeing, and how she doesn't know which one to choose, because they're both perfect. Meanwhile, I'm cleaning up my dog's loose stools, haven't had a date in over three years, and I'm also sharing a room with the very same best friend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 312
You deserved it 2 002

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Honestly, I think you are probably better off than her in the long-term.

If she's seeing two guys, I'd say that she doesn't deserve either of them.

Comments

Considering your friend is seeing two guys, I doubt she'll have to choose between them for long.

I don't see the problem in telling her you'd like a break from hearing about her dating success, if she's a true friend I doubt she wants to make you feel like this. Hopefully she'll understand and has plenty of other people she can share these stories with instead.

I hope they find out. Cheaters deserve EVERYTHING bad that happens to them.

Axel5238 29

It doesn't say anything that she's in a relationship with either 1 or exclusively dating. It's not cheating to go on dates with different people unless it's exclusive. Cheating sucks, but there are far worse things.

"2 guys she's seeing." How does it NOT? It's one thing to go on a date have it not work out and then go on another date. If you're constantly going out on dates with one person and doing the same thing with another, you're dating two people. That's cheating. Nothing else to it.

Could make it slightly easier by informing both guys about the other one unless she's got a hot threesome going on.

This sounds suspiciously like the episodes from friends where Phoebe has 2 boyfriends who are perfect.

susubabe29 7

just listen to her, there will be a time when you are no longer single and need someone to confide in as well.

graphicstyle7 17

Ok, this is how the dating thing works for us shy, not model lovely people. I didn't find this out until I was 43 years old, btw, it would of saved me many years of loneliness had I known this before. Ready? Here it is. STOP waiting for Mr. Perfect-Charming to walk in the door. That air of desperation you give out is subtle, but people pick up on it and avoid you like the plague. Get online, find a date. Get dressed up, go out, flirt, find a date. The important thing is, DATE CASUALLY. It does not have to be true love. Just go out with someone, have some dinner, have some fun. Get your ball rolling. Date a few guys (casually, and be honest and upfront about it) at a time. Repeat until you find someone you really, really like who feels the same about you, then focus on them to see if it's the real deal. Most people date someone, it's ok for a while, then it fades. That's absolutely normal. Don't expect every person to be "that one", you will wait forever and, once again, put out those clingy vibes that will drive off even someone who's perfect for you.

That is some seriously good advice! I wanna go out to a Starbucks and discuss life with you, lol

Tell her to give one of those guys to you, or ask for advice :) good luck OP!

try walking your dog in the park where you can meet cute guys with dogs

Start dating one of them. I guarantee you that her reaction will be priceless. "You couldn't make the decision, so I did it for you!"