By NeitherHrotsvitNorErkembaldus - 29/07/2016 21:21 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I learned that the hardest part of marrying a historian is choosing baby names. His top choices derive from two Roman magistrates, two abbesses, a tenth-century author, and an obscure Greek official. I already let him name our pug, for whom he chose the name "Tertullianus." FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 619
You deserved it 1 486

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Far out baby names, might wanna dial it down about 50% and come up with a something more acceptable and serious, like Tiberius

Comments

Well at least the names are unique and real names, not 47 or @

Names are hard enough. My husband wanted to name our son ace... like ace bandage or ace hardware... no thanks

I had cats with a former husband. He named them Pericles and Aspasia. Try not to let him name the children...

I want to name my future son Lex. I am a law student. I wonder how long it will take for people to figure it out.

SteveDudleyUK 10

Your husband is so clever he is stupid. A dog should have a short name and something he can easily recognise. You could say he got the last four letters right at the end. What about nose at the start and body in the middle? Nosebodyanus. He could use similar construction to name child. Hairsickbodyshitfeet.

Sounds like naming conversations in my family.

Just tell him that since he got to name the dog, you get to name the child. You might want to buy another pug before you get your second child, though.

How about Hannibal? It literally means ******* thunder! That is a badass name. It's right up his alley too because it is a Carthagenian generals name.

When I was pregnant, I had a dream that we named our kiddo Stegasaurus (I am a huge dinosaur nerd). While my so was 100% against naming our kid that, we did agree that if we had a boy his middle name would be Rex. There are all sorts of names out there for everyone that aren't far our and bizarre. That being said, I was given a really unique moniker at birth, and I love my wierd and one of a kind name.

There are plenty of good historical names that aren't so out there. If he gets too insistent on any really out there names you might want to pull the "I'm the one giving birth" card for the sake of your kid.