By Anonymous - 24/10/2010 04:37 - United States

Today, I had two 100's and two singles in my wallet. The two 100's was for my electric bill and the two singles were for the bus. Once I got off the bus and to the electric company, I noticed only my singles were there. Turns out I paid the bus driver $200. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 081
You deserved it 40 459

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is why in Canada we have Loonies and Toonies (;

I still don't understand why people blindly reach into their wallets and give people money without checking. That's a stupid move.

Comments

that's why women shouldn't pay bills. I'd say drive there next time, but, yeah...

spartan_girl 0

@51- I don't think that the busses in my city (one of the biggest cities in the US) recognize different bill denominations...I use a fare card, so I don't know for sure, but I've seen people asking other riders if they can break a 5 multiple times, so I'm guessing it's because the machine won't recognize that it's not a single. Actually, come to think of it, I don't know if the machine can even give change, you might need exact fare. I can't find anything about it online, but maybe I'll ask tomorrow. I know the ones in my college town didn't give change, but the bus drivers would usually carry enough singles and change to help people out. Anyway, my point is, I wouldn't be surprised if some busses have a machine that doesn't recognize specific bills, even if it wasn't a really poor city/town. I know my current city recently updated the fare card readers, because that's what many riders use, but they didn't update the cash readers.

Demented_Dentist 1

ahh, that sucks, but YDI for not taking better care of your money...

ydi for living in America where all money looks the same. in Australia our currency denominations are different colours to avoid what happened to you.

@110 - they better not have been complimenting them

YDI!!! BTW, not all Americans are dumb! i have never paid $200 for a bus ride! I drive my car! Shame on the bus driver, u know he/she pocketed it!!!

There are just as many morons in every country. We just have this weird tendency to televise a lot of them. @ OP, why on earth did you not even take a look at the bills before giving them to the driver.