By Fml37 - 20/12/2009 05:13 - Canada

Today, I had to take a taxi to work, because I was pressed for time, and didn't have a ride there. When I got to work, I paid the cab driver, and realized I had spent more money on the cab than I was going to make at work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 603
You deserved it 4 742

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Look on the bright side; by taking that taxi you saved all the money you would've lost if you were fired for not showing up.

It happens that the stage sets collapse. Rising, streetcar, four hours in the office or the factory, meal, streetcar, four hours of work, meal, sleep and Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday and Saturday according to the same rhythm — this path is easily followed most of the time. But one day the "why" arises and everything begins in that weariness tinged with amazement.-Albert Camus You have just realized the absurdity of existence.

Comments

Flamersplamer 0

really... jerk first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!? OMFG I GOT FIRST!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS LIKE BETTER THAN CHRISTMAS!!!

JustAReaderOfFml 4

ur the jerk i waned 2 be first and u jus wen ahead and ruined ur comment anyway no ofence but ur comment was not worthy of been first! srsly mine wud hav been beter!!!!!! :(

lendmeyourteeth 0

um why didnt u take a bus??lol && how much you make in what..? a day, a week, a month

Flamersplamer 0

justareader, you are telling me your comment grilling mine for being first would have been bettter first? NOPE, it would have made no sense now GTFO the site idiot.

JustAReaderOfFml 4

wat y r u being mean. im juss sayin it how it is, d00d. D: no hard feelings... well maybe some ;)

pancakes_n_syrup 0

Seeing as they spelled "paid" as "payed", I'm guessing they're not even high school educated, which explains why a cab ride would cost more than their sad salary. YDI for not getting a proper education which would get you a better job

Umm #18, the proper spelling is "payed" in Canada. You've got to realize that not everyone uses American English.

pancakes_n_syrup 0

Ah well I didn't see the OP was from Canada. If the spelling case is true, my apologies. But Canada or not, there are too many unnecessary commas in the sentence which could still mean my previous point was true. Now I'm just being a grammar nazi.

This is supposed to be in reply to #23 uhhh...Where the hell are you talking about? In the Canada I live, its spelled 'paid' But thanks for playing.

I live in Canada and I've always spelled it paid and not payed. No one has ever told me otherwise.

heartgrenade1 5

Yah, but then again, you're reprimanding a person you've never met over a website because you know you can make snide remarks and them disappear into the annonymity of the Internet. That makes you both a tool and a coward.

ibanezplyr03 0

49, doesn't that in turn make you a tool and a coward? Oh crap, that makes me a tool and a coward. FML....

#4, You're comment is unworthy of the #1 spot. Take a look at your grammar and spelling.

It happens that the stage sets collapse. Rising, streetcar, four hours in the office or the factory, meal, streetcar, four hours of work, meal, sleep and Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday and Saturday according to the same rhythm — this path is easily followed most of the time. But one day the "why" arises and everything begins in that weariness tinged with amazement.-Albert Camus You have just realized the absurdity of existence.

So what? You don't do that on regular basis, do you? And you still have job, don't you? Does small salary make your life f***ed? Than go and search for larger, doh!

Look on the bright side; by taking that taxi you saved all the money you would've lost if you were fired for not showing up.

KayleeFrye 39

Maybe the OP didn't take public transport because there isn't any where they live. The bus isn't an option for everyone. There are lots of towns that have no public transport. Lighten up on the OP.

JASHEA 0

wow maybe you should try to get a new job cause im sure you probably deserve more

waterynuggets 0

Lol I love the FML's with people ~all of a sudden~ realizing how much they make. "I paid more for my cab than I make at work/A homeless guy is given more than I make at work/etc"

your field of expertise is not economics, is it?