By annoyed teen - 13/04/2014 03:01 - United States - Boise

Today, I had to work at the restaurant instead of going to the prom, which nobody asked me out to. For five hours, I got to shamefully greet and seat people on their way home from the prom, all of whom knew I was too lame to get asked out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 484
You deserved it 4 783

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Prom is lame anyway, why would you want to go? I mean, everyone knows all the cool kids don't go, right?

If you were that desperate to go, why didn't you ask somebody?

Comments

*picks up gun* aw damn I'm out of ammo again. I guess I'll have to do it the old fashion way. *picks up knife*

Prom is lame anyway, why would you want to go? I mean, everyone knows all the cool kids don't go, right?

kewpiesuicide 29

Is that true? Hm...no wonder I went twice lol

#12 You make no sense aha , he said cool kids dont go to prom and you said no wonder i went two times. ? either youre trying to call yourself lame or you dont get what he said cx

... I'm inclined to believe they were joking.

ElementaryEdGuy 18

I worked at a grocery store on Prom Night. It was great. No one was there!

Goblin182 26

The cool kids do go, just long enough to be seen and take their prom picture. Otherwose they are to busy with the pre-prom dinner and the afterparty. That's the way it works with my son's and my nieces and nephews.

There will be other times OP, don't worry about it, enjoy making some money!

Unless she becomes a teacher, there won't be another prom for her.

rocker_chick23 27

97: There are two proms. Junior and senior prom. Doesn't say if the OP is junior or senior

Not at all schools have junior proms, mine didn't.

rocker_chick23 27

The majority do. Just because you didn't doesn't mean OP's HS is like yours

I meant other times to go out and socialise in life #97

@112 Maybe where you are but not 1 school in the city I'm from has 2 proms. It's probably just not a thing where I'm from. Most people don't live where ever you live. Also, I highly doubt a majority of schools have 2 proms because that costs more money then most schools even have.

If you were that desperate to go, why didn't you ask somebody?

She could have just gone with her friends. That's what I did and I still had a lot of fun.

Thank you. So many people think to go to prom, you must have a date. Do you really want to miss your prom for no reason other than you didn't have a date?

kingdomgirl94 29

Maybe all of ops friends had dates and so she felt she needed one or else shed be the 15th wheel.

You really don't need a date to go to prom. Honestly, you look more independent if you go alone or with friends. I mean, who needs guys anymore? *snaps fingers in Z formation*

My friends decided not to go to prom even after I worked in a fundraiser to reduce the ticket fee all because they didn't have a date. :/

Jessj958 19

I went to my senior prom with one of my really good guy friends, and had a blast!! I had more fun with him than I had with my bf the previous year. And I even asked my friend to go, and he happily accepted. He had already graduated but he still rented a tux, took me to dinner, paid for pictures...it was a fun night with a great friend!

Not everyone can just go with friends. My school requires everyone to have a date (except seniors) which is why I'm putting on some big girl pants asking someone myself.

@75 Why don't you just wait till senior year then? My school had the same rule. It wasn't a big deal and it was fair. Prom is really for the seniors to say good bye.

Sorry the temptation was too much, but for real Op that is humiliating and I feel bad that you felt shamed infront of your peers.

PresidentNorth 16

There is shame in thinking youre lame for not going. A lot of people I went to school with didn't go to prom. No one judged them for not going or getting asked. So I don't think OP needs to feel embarrassed.

Don't worry OP, there's life after high school... :)

If it makes you feel better, proms not the huge hype its made out to be. And look on the bright side, instead of spending hundreds of dollars on a dress, you were out making money! :)

Wow. Am I the only one that enjoyed prom? Prom/parties are what you make of it. I could have fun anywhere. I didn't put too much expectation into it. It was a dance-- plain and simple. What's not to like? You're surrounded by all your friends in a place you probably would never go to on your own. I took lots of pictures and have great memories. And I didn't spend a lot of money either. Not worried about "Keeping up with the Jones." No limo, went in a Ford Escort. Yay for making money but what's the point of working hard if you can't take the time to enjoy the fruits of your labor? Live in the moment!

I totally agree. I bought my dress offline so I didn't spend the crazy amounts other people did. I'm not going in a limo, and this is the last event I'll spend with my friends before college. It's most definitely what you make of it!

For my senior prom I bought my dress online for $105 including shipping, nice shoes for $30, and rode to prom with my date on a really old John Deere tractor, no limo. And yes, I do live in a country town. :P everyone else had either nice vehicles or limos or their own cars. It felt nice to be different.

Prom can be fun, sure. No denying that. The problem is being hyped up to the point that it's treated like THE turning point in every school kids' life that decides how your future will turn out. In the real world, nobody cares what – or who – you did in high school. Only things that truly matter during that time are how many hours of volunteer work you've done, what clubs you took part in, what sports you played, and your SAT and ACT scores. Even then, that's only if you're going to college afterward. Prom is nothing more than having meaningless fun with friends.

ILoveMyArm 15

I don't know about you guys, but anything above ten dollars is a lot to me. Imagine how much food you could buy with $100! Or how many cats OR HOW MANY ARMS

I could get more cats for 100$ than you could get food, not counting candy that shit cheap.

8313girl 28

Yeah, I never went to my prom but I definitely went to an after party and had crazy fun. Don't worry baby girl, things will get better.

Prom sucks. Don't let it get you down !