By annoyed teen - 13/04/2014 03:01 - United States - Boise

Today, I had to work at the restaurant instead of going to the prom, which nobody asked me out to. For five hours, I got to shamefully greet and seat people on their way home from the prom, all of whom knew I was too lame to get asked out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 485
You deserved it 4 783

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Prom is lame anyway, why would you want to go? I mean, everyone knows all the cool kids don't go, right?

If you were that desperate to go, why didn't you ask somebody?

Comments

Quiet_one 22

I didn't get asked to prom either, both years. My senior year I went with a group of friends (girls and guys) and none of us had dates. It was awesome. Not getting asked to a high school dance is definitely not the end of the world.

JokersHQ 21

You should have went by yourself! I know it sounds stupid but that's what I almost ended up doing (then my now fiancé bussed up from the south and spend the whole night taking care of me because I was determined to go although I was practically bedridden - it was an odd series of events). A few of my friends went by themselves and everyone had a wonderful time just hanging out with each other. Either way, don't feel bad because you didn't get asked out to the prom, I know a lot of people haven't been asked and they're not lame at all. Keep your head up OP.

you don't have to have a date to go to prom I know plenty of people that just go alone

F_Your_Life_001 0

aww...maybe its because you complain so much :(

mzdaisylynn 12

Why didnt you go with a group of single friends? Thats what I did for both proms. We had so much fun!

It's okay dude. Prom isn't exactly the most fun memorable thing in high school. I didn't go even if asked and still had a blast at home with my friend.

ea247 20

Dont worry about it so much you most likely wont see most of your peers after high school (T_T)(^-^)

I didn't go to my prom, not only because I did not have a date, but because I had no interest, and I have no regrets. Really, it's overrated and annoying, and perhaps someday you will appreciate how you were responsible and made money that night instead of spending approximately $1000 on a silly dance.

I went with a friend both years. You don't have to have a date to go.

martin8337 35

Assuming you are a female, I think that one day you'll gave more guys asking you out than everyone you knew in school.