By kill me - 20/06/2017 04:00

Today, while serving at my restaurant, a mother acted as a wing-woman for her son by insisting I read a note he'd written, asking for my number. I had to awkwardly reject the guy in front of his entire family, before having to keep serving them for another hour. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 021
You deserved it 496

Same thing different taste

Top comments

No, this isn't the first time I've had that happen to me. Yes, I responded with something like that. The reason why I mostly posted this FML was because the situation itself with his family and his mother was weird to me. Chill and stop assuming lol..

Comments

I would've either given him a fake number, or asked a co-worker to take the table. Probably weren't getting a tip anyway.

merryhappy1887 20

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

No, this isn't the first time I've had that happen to me. Yes, I responded with something like that. The reason why I mostly posted this FML was because the situation itself with his family and his mother was weird to me. Chill and stop assuming lol..

Paula844 7

Really, the best part of this is that it was done via reading off a note. That's just amazing. #hegotgame

Nah I'd say the best part was that he wrote the note with one of the colouring crayons from the table. Now, if that doesn't make you wanna swoon into his arms then I don't know what does.

You need to memorize the number of the local Rejection Hotline. Or give him yours with the numbers jumbled.

Leviathene 34

I know how awkward that is. Good on you for being brave and continuing to do your job. At my old workplace, when that happened to me, my managers told me to use that and get the customers to buy more drinks before they leave (without a number). I hope your managers are nicer than that.

TashaCantrell 16

You should have rejected him after you got the tip lol

My girl Jenny has the best number. 867-5309 (insert your own zipcode)

I'm flattered, but I'm happily in a relationship. seems easy enough to me...

A person shouldn't have to lie in order to reject someone (not saying it is a lie, but a rejection should not require us to cushion the ego of the person we're rejecting).