By Why - 03/09/2015 19:54 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I had to create another signature. I have to use one at the bank and the other around my mother, so that when she tries to cash my paychecks the bank won't let her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 977
You deserved it 1 846

Same thing different taste

Top comments

the bank shouldn't let her anyway. Tell them that every time someone comes in to cash a cheque under your name that they have to take ID. That's part of the reason many banks won't take third party cheques anymore. Also your mother could end up paying a hefty fine/go to jail for her actions.

Comments

direct deposit is the solution, and get an account at a different credit union!

Wow OP, that sucks! It's so bad that you had to do that, but at least you should be safe. To everyone saying to get a direct deposit: not all employers have that option. Mine don't; I get a check every two weeks that I have to deposit myself. So direct deposit may not be an option.

martin8337 35

Use direct deposit, problem solved.

It's 2015...90% of businesses do direct deposit now. You should look in to it.

How the hell is America so arse-backward as to actually give employees cheques for their pay instead of just crediting it to their accounts?!

At least in Canada where I am... small businesses still hand out paper cheques. This is only because a place with a small number of employees, it isn't worth the cost to the employer to do direct deposit. Bigger businesses definitely do it though.

Actually, Sage 50(Formerly Simply Accounting) makes it very easy. It's no more expensive fee wise than any other move of electronic currencies.