By Why - 03/09/2015 19:54 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I had to create another signature. I have to use one at the bank and the other around my mother, so that when she tries to cash my paychecks the bank won't let her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 977
You deserved it 1 846

Same thing different taste

Top comments

the bank shouldn't let her anyway. Tell them that every time someone comes in to cash a cheque under your name that they have to take ID. That's part of the reason many banks won't take third party cheques anymore. Also your mother could end up paying a hefty fine/go to jail for her actions.

Comments

scrollingthru 10

I have to agree with alot of others here about doing direct deposit if its available. my mom used to do that with my little brother and take his checks and cash them. So I helped him get another account setup and he got direct deposit. End of problem.

Not cool for your mom to do that! Maybe try auto deposit?

Usually when checks are cashed they ask for ID...so how does she manage to do that?

We allow you to not have an id if you know your social or if you bring in a check that was written out to someone else then you can cash/deposit it if you sign under their name and have your id

Let the bank know what is going on. they should be able to put a note on your account to make tellers aware of a possible "fraud".

cweiser 2

Just use something like a smiley face for the bank. When I worked at a bank some did that for their signature and it was a great idea...dead giveaway if she tried to sign your name.

thejimler 9

Scrolled through looking for the obligatory and stupid "your mother raised you so she is entitled to steal from you and ruin your life" comment, didn't find it, faith in humanity + 1

Just to touch on a subject here, OP could very well be a minor. At that point, parents can take money regardless.

If that were true, op would not need to create a new signature...

Very true because op couldn't be on an account alone. But maybe that's why she cashes checks instead of depositing.

Add a shape to your signature. When I sign for banks, I might use a heart or a star vs a normal dot for my other signatures.