The mask slips

By Anonymous - 23/12/2022 12:00

Today, my boyfriend is always telling me I haven’t met his real mother yet, even though I’ve known her a year. However, when I happened to disagree with her today, she started screaming and hitting like a psycho. He had to wrestle her out the door. I get it now; I’ve now met his “real” mother. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 178
You deserved it 125

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Blobby McGee 5

deal breaker. that broad will make your life hell if you stick around

If your partner can't cut his toxic mother out of both of your lives, maybe reconsider being with him.

Comments

Blobby McGee 5

deal breaker. that broad will make your life hell if you stick around

tiptoppc 19

I have a Mother-In-Law that did this. Easy fix. I pulled a restraining order on her. If my wife wants to talk to her, she can go alone, or talk on phone. It’s a compromise I made when marrying my wife. But my SO’s family is on par with Nikko Jenkins-Level of insanity (look him up, he’s a local psychotic serial killer). To they point they filed several false criminal charges against me (which were all found bogus) and the last time they tried (due to restraining order) it got my in-laws arrested, plus on FBI investigation. There are ways to deal with this, but it does involve compromise and communication. He can’t control his mom, but you CAN limit your interactions with them.

Buh-bye. You don't marry the guy, you marry the family. Next!

If your partner can't cut his toxic mother out of both of your lives, maybe reconsider being with him.

You pressed charges for assault, right? If she started hitting, that is definitely grounds for a call to the cops.