By cramps - 17/09/2009 13:59 - Australia

Today, I got my period. 10 minutes into a 3 hour exam. Apparently they are serious when they say you may not leave the room under any circumstances. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 198
You deserved it 3 993

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FMLisright 0

obviously your professor is a man. fyl

should've yelled: "OHSHIT somebody help me!! i'm bleeding!!" xD

Comments

Was it your FIRST period? What a time to get it! If I were supervising I'd get someone not taking the exam to accompany you to the bathroom (not in the stall, obviously)

Definitely happened to me on the SATs...sucked, so I just tried to fall asleep when I finished each section. The proctor kept waking me up, furious, even though every time she did I explained that I was, in fact, done, and didn't need the remaining 15 min. (Didn't explain to her about the other, though...wouldn't have helped as I didn't bring any Advil or supplies).

mollyloves 0

THAT SUCKS SO MUCH! Omg, that's like my biggest fear, especially because I can't keep track it's all irregular and stuff. Jeez..........fyl.

you didn't know it was coming???? And before people get on MY case, yes I'm female, yes I've had extremely irregular periods to the point where I would be MONTHS off from my prediction, but I've never experienced this oddly stereotypical situation. Sure it's uncomfortable to wear a pad "just in case" but that's a stupid way to think when you know you're stuck in a room for three hours and you know you can't get out of it. That's like thinking "condoms are so lame, I don't plan on ovulating tonight so I don't really need it... Oh hell I feel an egg coming on!"

mcsnelly 5

So if you were months off from your prediction, does that mean you wore pads/tampons everyday for those MONTHS when you didn't know when to expect it?? That would be pretty freaking disruptive....and wasteful.

So you want her to wear a pad for a whole month "just in case"? Some women don't even get any symptoms before their periods start and they have no way of knowing especially if their periods are irregular as well. And she was obviously prepared, she just couldn't leave class.

randomm 0

I think she means just in case, wear a pad when you know you wont be able to get out if you do start it, even if you arent expecting it. not all the time, just when you wouldnt be able to leave to take care of it.

7 days is normal. I know some people who have periods that last for 8 days on a regular basis. It also depends if you're on the pill or patch or whatever. When I was on the pill, my period was always like 3 to 5 days. Now that I have an IUD, it's more like 5 to 7 days.

Luckyducky3 0

awwww poor op! i totally understand D:

Ohhh, that hardcore sucks! I feel for you lots :(

tysgirl 0

aww, that sucks! I used to live in fear of this, not because of leakage (I would wear a "just in case" pad in these situations) but because I used to get cramps so bad I'd be puking my guts out for hours.

I hate periods. I can never sleep when I'm on mine because a pad won't stop the blood from flowing over, and you can't wear a tampon to bed. But reading these comments, I'm surprised at how little men actually know about this type of thing. Sorry about this OP! I hope you put up a good fight. I would definitely be pissed about this. Students can be the harshest little brats whenever they see a blood stain on the back of some girl's pants.

I hate waking up mornings of the menstrual cycle... You never know how much the flood gates opened during your sleep.

I actually go to bed with tampons when I'm on my period. I can't handle wearing pads at all. I just make that I don't sleep in as late as I usally do. I have bad insomnia so I rarely get 8 hours of sleep anyways, so I'm safe from the TSS. To OP, that totally sucks, and I really hope you were able to find a way to take care of it all.