By Anonymous - 22/09/2010 21:39 - United Kingdom

Today, I got into my car and realised that my CDs were no longer in my glove box. According to the police, the random key code for my car type has been cracked, and thieves can now let themselves in whenever they want. The manufacturer says they can't do anything about it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 713
You deserved it 3 180

Same thing different taste

Top comments

eytanrodin 0

The manufacturer is lying. if they're too lazy to change it then they should disable it which they can also do. Is this a Ford product? If for whatever reason I am wrong, you have a major class-action lawsuit on your hands. Talk to the manager of the car dealership and tell them these things. I guarantee you they will play ball. Under absolutely no circumstances should you have to pay even a dime.

BoyBeyond 0

So tell the car company to take out the key code or the device the thieves are using to get in and manually use a key to open and close the car door problem solved genius.

Comments

davek 36

Get a ridiculously loud alarm system. Modify it to be even louder.

does the OP mean the car manufacturer won't replace the stolen items? It is not the manufacturers fault the thieves figured out the code, nor is it their responsibility to change the keyless entry code. With that said I am a service tech and have worked for ford and Nissan and know they can reprogram the keyless code and if necessary can replace the keyless entry module. if you like you can have the keyless pads disconnected if you don't feel safe with them working. hope this helps :-/

Emilyroxx 3
mars_blackman 0

simple rule of thumb for everyone: stock (READ: Factory Installed) security systems suck and aren't worth the extra cash. Go after market, spend the extra on fuel/ starter kills with the brains installed in non "stock" locations. a bit more, yes. ride secure, yes. savings on insurance, yes.

Fuel and starter kills are terrific if the scum breaking in the car want to take it. Factory systems do their job by drawing unwanted attention. Unfortunate as it may be, they can be cracked-just as any other aftermarket. Besides, do yo think all installers at shops are on the up and up? Security is not black and white.

Blackcivichatch 0

pull of the door panel and unplug it d bag

Even easier, pull the fuse. No reason to insult OP over something they probably aren't too fully aware of. Douche.

For the record, **** everybody saying to sue and all the other bullshit. Security is not fool-proof. You can take all measures and still get busted. If there is a will, there is a way. As for the dealership or company "having" to do something. Is the car under warranty? Did the OP buy it new or used? Is the system even factory? OP only says manufacturer. OP may not even know the system isn't original equipment, as such it may be out of their hands entirely. The random keycode could be, as stated earlier, an algorithm that the receiver is coded to respond to: Having nothing to do with the code the owner themselves make. With enough time, it can be popped. Just like your garage door openers, just like your wireless routers. Are all of you assholes going to up and sue those companies as well for not being able to counter thieves entirely? Better take on lock manufacturers for making locks able to be picked. Twits.

suffokateslowly 0

okay first off #72 king wanna b..mustangs are gay any model or series and # 2 it was made as a girls car so u should think before you talk and #3 your driving a ford so enough said

haha u must own an acura like me. my 2007 TL had a lotta trouble and acura said there wasnt anything they could do. course i sold it n got the new bmw m3

BS. You're supposed to be able to change it. On the bright side, thieves can't be complete douchebags and change your keycode.

seriously.... just break the keypad and use a real key.... dumbass