By Anonymous - 22/09/2010 21:39 - United Kingdom

Today, I got into my car and realised that my CDs were no longer in my glove box. According to the police, the random key code for my car type has been cracked, and thieves can now let themselves in whenever they want. The manufacturer says they can't do anything about it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 713
You deserved it 3 180

Same thing different taste

Top comments

eytanrodin 0

The manufacturer is lying. if they're too lazy to change it then they should disable it which they can also do. Is this a Ford product? If for whatever reason I am wrong, you have a major class-action lawsuit on your hands. Talk to the manager of the car dealership and tell them these things. I guarantee you they will play ball. Under absolutely no circumstances should you have to pay even a dime.

BoyBeyond 0

So tell the car company to take out the key code or the device the thieves are using to get in and manually use a key to open and close the car door problem solved genius.

Comments

I'm with # 86 !! The Automaker, Dealership has a responsibility to inform you of such things and I would think, fix it at no cost! here's a site if your in the US http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ You shouldn't have to live with that SECURITY ISSUE File the proper paperwork, at a minimum it'll make you put everything in order and might make you feel better. You never know how many others have done so already! Goodluck Sent via iPhone 4

Security systems aren't fool-proof. They can inform all they want, and you can file the paperwork. It won't matter.

KansasCity 0

keep a rabid raccoon in the front seat.

place a large rat trap in the glove box, then wait for a thief to crack the lock. then laugh.

actually, you can do something about it. the key remote and the car's computer share a 40-bit algorithm that generates a new code everytime the button on the remote is pushed. I case the button is pushed when seperate from the car, the car predicts and will accept the next 256 possibilities from the algorithm. so if you sit with your car and and use your remote to lock/unlock your car more than 256 times, then the thieves' key should no longer work. I would recomend doing so at least 300 times to be sure. you can look this info up. google "remote keyless entry"

Have the keyless entry disabled duh. Not hard to do.

Grace_46 0

Tear out the buttons and just use your keys. Its ok as long as you dont want to sell it.

sell yoour car or never drive it again lool.

jeffreybean 3

can't you change the code I know my mothers you can