By Anonymous - 11/04/2012 21:41 - Canada - Orillia

Today, I got home to find our house broken into. Among other things, the thieves took our television, my laptop and several pieces of expensive jewelry. Also missing was my daughter's My Little Pony collection. I think we were robbed by a Brony. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 597
You deserved it 2 287

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Brony+Thug Life... Oh my god he must sag his rainbow skinny jeans. That is amazing.

EvilTeddysRock 2

if you go back about a days worth of fml's I think you'll find your culprit.

Comments

nightowl713 25

We watch My Little Pony because of my child. I see no reason as to why people are so obsessed. It's just one of those fads young people create to make themselves seem cooler. Just like those bracelet things, emo hair and what not. But I think it's time someone should tell them all that they just look stupid. And that one day when they look back, they will shake their heads in shame. Bury me if you want...it's the truth.

Sorry, but you're wrong, and I say this as someone who doesn't like My Little Ponies. A fad is something that is popular for a short time then quickly goes out of style, like Furbies. MLP has been around for decades and is still popular. YOU may not like it but that doesn't mean it's stupid.

You= 20% Less cooler. You being trolled in the future from FML Commenters= 20% Cooler.

Although I do agree that the whole MLP 'Brony' thing is stupid, I believe that your 'truth' is slightly off. You stated the "emo hair" is something done to make one's self seem cooler. However, in today's society, at least where I have traveled, one does not go 'emo' to become cool. That is their way of expressing themselves. It has nothing to do with social status whatsoever. Just because you don't agree with how today's society functions, with pointless fads such as silly bands, does not mean that those who participate look "stupid" to everyone. Each person has their own opinion, and this is obviously mine and full of my own bias, but I will not look back on my childhood in shame. You may ask me why. This is because it is childhood. Pointless things are done for fun. There is no shame in having harmless fun, is there? So instead of being ashamed of myself, I am ashamed of you, for thinking that your opinions and beliefs make you superior and smarter than those who participate in such 'fads'. That is how I see the truth.

I agree, 11, I don't get what the obsession with my little pony is. If you ask me, it's kind of creepy. The show is creepy to me..

twisted_cherub 14

How old are you nightowl? Just wondering because I'm certain you participated in a stupid fad or two. Disco & flare-leg pants? Rock & big hair? Madonna & stirrup pants? Boy bands & sweaters? There are so many more. Fads are part of growing up and establishing an identity among peers while connecting to society. Everyone looks back on how stupid they were, but I'm sure you enjoyed your fads of choice while you were involved in them.

42 - Emo is a fad. It has no subcultural basis like punk and goth have had since the 80's. It's seriously made up of people who use depression as a fashion statement or to try and be unique.

I hope I'll never look back and regret liking My Little Pony. Silly or not, it's made me and the people I know happy. Just because something isn't your cup of tea doesn't mean that it's wrong for others to enjoy it.

demonkitty69 0

lie. people don't "go emo" to be cool, or fashionable. emo is just a stereotype for people who have different ways of dealing with life than you do. get over it.

I agree. People think calling themselves brony Or emo makes them cool. My little pony is for five year old girls. Any fifteen year old who watches it is just in love with baby shows and try's to make himself cooler with a dumb nickname.

Rokara 10

You are rather wrong in that. Being a Brony or a Pegasister, is about love and tolerance. It is also about being a community. A community where we accept everypony as they are. Maybe you should look deeper into the Brony Community, rather than looking at it through a seemingly biased set of eyeglasses. I am not one of the young ponies you mentioned. I am 29, and brony for life. I could even consider myself a Hipster Brony, as I was loving and tolerating before the show was even made.

Have you even watched the show? Clearly not, My Little Pony is awesome, but I guess haters gon' hate.

pigbilly 0

Emo people are the way they are to show their independence. You suffer from a severe illness of idiot

pigbilly 0

I happen to know that mlp is a cool show. It's optimistic and can turn suicidal kids away from suicide. It can also help in areas where bulling is a f***ing huge issue

My little pony Is likeable because it is simply enjoyable. Its like laughing at a little pun or joke, except in a tv show. All those "creepy boys" are simply enjoying the simple pleasures in life. As almost everyone has said, MLP is a great show. Just let people enjoy their own shows.

Mipz 2

If you say "it's the truth," after your rant, you're usually wrong. And you are.

#11 you are wrong, I don't watch the show, in fact I think it's pretty ridiculous but that doesn't mean you can just blast on anyone who tries to say it's okay. If you are an adult you need to start acting looks it and get over it you big headed jerk. Even some teens know better than you that's just sad... :(

Honestly surprised at how many non-Bronies were mature and even defended Bronies in this thread. You guys rock.

How is this relevant to the FML. I can partially understand the Canada reference, but Russia. . . ?

myalleyway 9

A ****** ass **** with no life ahead of them

Mipz 2

Bro (guys/ friends with similar interests) + pony (mlp) = brony (guys who love ponies)

20% cooler, that's what a brony is. We're also fans of mlp that are older than 12.

littlemsweirdo 12

Google it and spell it correctly.

It's called a typo, cut him some slack.

littlemsweirdo 12

Damn that Is too funny ! But anyway sorry you were robbed. That really sucks. What is up with society?

Brony? Nope, probably not. I'm guessing it was a certain 20 year old daughter of an OP who missed the My Little Pony McDonalds promotion...

Hell yes to the previous FML reference! You rock!

BradTheBrony 19

Sorry, but someone beat you to it, by like 11 minutes. :

That's terribly unfortunate but it's moderately entertaining regardless lol

kurololita 6

Hey, dont assume! It could have just as well been pega-sister! To be honest, i would have taken it. Did she have fluttershy? or was it the older ponies like Westeria and Kimono?

cherryblossom14 7

Older ponies? o.O. Damn, the ones I have must be stone age then. xD. Oh wait they are. I grew up with the original MLP. I remember "Cherry Treats" was my favourite, but I always called her "Cherry Pony"

Just because the My Little Pony collection was sotlen doens' tmean it was a Brony you god damn idiot! Those things go for HUNDREDS TO THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. I garentee you, that collection will get the theft a hell of a lot more money then the other items he took. ****, there is an plushie on Diveiant art that was going for close to $1000. Don't just asume people are taking/buying things because they are a Brony. (P.S. I don't like My Little Pony, I just know how expensive those items can be).

BlackBlazeCobra 16

Oh my god, your spelling is horrendous.

cherryblossom14 7

Good gravy, chill out, 25. I think it'll be ok..

cherryblossom14 7

Gahh my edit didn't go through. Meant my comment for #25.. Sorry :(. //slinks away

FMLshark 12

25- Do the world a favor, and please pass elementary school before typing another comment ever again. Ever.

No, no they don't go from hundreds to thousands of dollars. Its a plastic poney! It isin't even worth 30$.

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read, spelling-wise… Seriously. I kinda want to throw a dictionary or something at your face. :X Another thing, you're acting really defensive. I think we have ourselves a closet Brony in denial! :o