By lisha182 - 20/02/2011 11:49 - Australia

Today, I got demoted from my manager's position, only to be replaced by a 21 year-old who has never worked in retail in her life. I now have to spend the next month teaching her my job so they can fire me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 264
You deserved it 3 556

Same thing different taste

Top comments

don't train her! goof off until you find a better job elsewhere then quit on them.

Half-ass it, look for a new job, and quit.

Comments

The new girl is banging the boss. Lesson: a ******** always beats a good job.

teach her the wrong stuff. then shell **** up and get fired.

Well u hav two choices. Dead quit and don't even tell them. Or teach the person how to effectively do everything wrong. Have fun

perhaps they're going to promote you ya ****. don't ASS U ME the worst. but ydi if you do just for this post

WhiteZoneRedZone 6

Yes, a demotion could possibly be a sign of a great future with a company. I think I'll go ask my supervisor for one today.

_Black_Dragon_ 0

That happened to my mom and she just quit because they were going to fire her anyways. The new girl didn't know what she was doing and it was such an important job. Nobody else could train her and the branch almost closed. Mom felt good about that one.

_Black_Dragon_ 0

and dont **** over the new girl, its the company's fault, not hers.

just to let everyone know, I did quit last week. Retail sucks but I got a way better paying job. And I didn't get fired for being shit I got "let go" because they have to pay me higher than her because I have more certificates. And no this chick isn't hot, not one bit. Im only 20 but this chick is dumb as shit and off with the fairys, no business management skills at all.

Well, at least it's good to know you don't suck. Kind of a shame, but this is also common practice in many areas, including retail.

That's great that you were able to move on to something better. It's one of the good things about Australia that they don't have nearly the unemployment problem that the rest of the world does. I think the idea of firing someone from a position to hire someone less qualified just because they're cheaper should be illegal. I'm not at all pro-union, but if ever they were a good idea, it'd be in cases like this.

Actually, come to think of it, I'm pretty sure that in NSW, this actually IS illegal. If the job still exists and you're obviously competent enough to train your replacement, then the 'let go' argument doesn't apply. I guess it could depend on the size of the company though. Different laws apply to small operators. Still - important to know if you're in the same position in the future.

hotscar 3

she took meh job!! ( say it in a typical southern American accent)