By lisha182 - 20/02/2011 11:49 - Australia

Today, I got demoted from my manager's position, only to be replaced by a 21 year-old who has never worked in retail in her life. I now have to spend the next month teaching her my job so they can fire me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 264
You deserved it 3 556

Same thing different taste

Top comments

don't train her! goof off until you find a better job elsewhere then quit on them.

Half-ass it, look for a new job, and quit.

Comments

VirgoKisses 0

Quit you idiot. You were probably stealing anyway

Proudmary 2

I don't know about Australia, but isn't it a general rule that if you quit, rather than be fired, you can't apply for unemployment? If that's so, OP probably wants to spend another month with a salary+get unemployment till he/she can find a new job, which ain't the easiest thing to do these days.

This is an incredibly good point. If you quit, I think you have to wait six weeks before you can claim, but if you're fired it's immediate. Also, assuming OP ever wants to work in the same field again, the reference is going to be important.

Teach her to do everything wrong and then quit?

CaptainPickles72 18

I'm seeing alot of comments saying don't teach her. Instead of that you should teach her the wrong things so she'll get fired.

Does she have connections with someone in the business? Either way, it sucks that you are losing your job to someone who has no experience. I doubt that you are being fired for what you have been doing because if you did a bad job, they would have hired someone who has experience and does not need a lot of training in order to understand how customer service works. I think you should teach her, but just do not do a good job at it. It is unfair on her part, but who knows how on earth she landed herself a manager position, and let the business learn their lesson. Why fire someone with experience for someone who does not even know the basics of how retail works?

beastin34 0

yeah just half ass it or better yet dont teach her at all just say f*** it