By newdriver - 11/05/2009 00:55 - United States

Today, my mom told me to follow her car closely to my aunt's house. I kept really close to her which caused me to get pulled over for tailgating. I explained everything to the cop so he went over to my mom to see if that was the truth. My mom said she didn't know me. I got a ticket. Thanks mom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 80 497
You deserved it 5 625

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So wait... the cop pulled YOU over, and your mom pulled over as well and sat there waiting for the cop to finish talking to you even though SHE wasn't in trouble, and then claimed to not know you even though he presumably explained the situation to her? Doesn't make much sense to me...

that is awful!!! I can't believe your mother would do that to you, that is one of the bitchiest moves ever. I def think she should pay your ticket or talk to the police and get it completely gone. That is bull sh**.

Comments

Afghanee666 0

She is a woman! Why didn't the Taliban hit her for being disrespectful to a man!

your an idiot. even if you are trying to follow someone, you dont have to follow that close to them. YDI.

it's not important but im reading this on the eve of mother's day in 2014 o.O The was the first random FML of the day

ummm its a hard choice between 1 and 2 ... but lets go with 2

that is awful!!! I can't believe your mother would do that to you, that is one of the bitchiest moves ever. I def think she should pay your ticket or talk to the police and get it completely gone. That is bull sh**.

That is not a joke! She knew it was serious thing and pretty much abandoned her! That is messed up.

Why would you have to stay so close anyway?

So wait... the cop pulled YOU over, and your mom pulled over as well and sat there waiting for the cop to finish talking to you even though SHE wasn't in trouble, and then claimed to not know you even though he presumably explained the situation to her? Doesn't make much sense to me...

Why would she do that?!?! That's sooo horrible, I'm sorry your mom's a bitch x( And #1 (Afghanee666) - Pleeeease shut up with all your comments about the Taliban. Thanks. I've seen your comments in a few other FML's, all overly vulgar and/or about the Taliban. wtf?!

:( thats a hardcore bummer you should make your mom pay for the ticket

Why would they ask your mom? Whether you know the person or not doesn't make any difference, it's just as dangerous.

#6 - If you get in an accident, you pull over to the side and call to have it reported. The cop then talks to both parties and documents what they say. It helps with who was at fault so the insurance companies can act accordingly. What I don't get is why your mom reported the accident. It'll just raise both of your insurance rates and you'll still have to pay.

Learn to read... She was pulled over for tailgating, there was no accident