By Anonymous - 11/07/2011 04:48 - United States

Today, I got a text message from my ex from about a year ago, asking if my 4-day-old son was his. I don't know what's sadder - the fact that he thinks a gestation period can last 11 months, or that he's more willing to step up to the plate than the baby's actual father. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 865
You deserved it 9 440

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A man doesn't have to be a biological father to be a daddy!

Comments

you should be more careful picking your men if the father of your baby isn't stepping up.

lol. tell him yes and ask for child support

Before slagging off this poor girl, why not think about the arsehole who got her pregnant and then went off? It takes two people to make a baby

Nederlander95 14

This means that you got pregnant a less than 2 months after your relationship; I'm guessing you either cheated on him, or this was a one night stand. Questionable morals either way.

This is important note for everybody: If you actually care about the people you are messing around with, wait 3-4 weeks before getting serious with a new partner or giving your new partner that same span after they break up from a serious relationship. As several comments say: Gestational periods are still normal up to 292 days. Some women take longer: one in particular was 375 days.

wait...that means you got pregnant 2-3 months after breaking up with your ex....

Well. There have been a few pregnancies that went longer than 9 months, so maybe he's hoping that's the case here? And, while the baby's actual father should step up, you apparently got pregnant within 2 months. Not acceptable, but somewhat understandable that he might be leery.