Happy Mother's Day

By ImScrewed - 10/05/2021 05:01 - United States

Today, I had my husband’s family over. Our adopted 4 year-old daughter drew a cute card and gave it to me saying, "Happy Mother’s Day mommy! I love you." My mother-in-law scoffed, "She’s infertile and not even your real mom, but ok." Now our daughter won’t stop asking all sorts of questions. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 986
You deserved it 84

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe just tell her that Grandma is talking nonsense. Because no matter what your MIL says, your 4 year-old is your child, she loves you and that's what matters. Also, your MIL is a b#tch and you may want to cut her out or at least limit contacts. Like seriously? What was the point of her comments except being mean just for fun?

what a horrible bitch. good on you for adopting a child. what a champ

Comments

what a horrible bitch. good on you for adopting a child. what a champ

Maybe just tell her that Grandma is talking nonsense. Because no matter what your MIL says, your 4 year-old is your child, she loves you and that's what matters. Also, your MIL is a b#tch and you may want to cut her out or at least limit contacts. Like seriously? What was the point of her comments except being mean just for fun?

bleachedraven 14

MIL is way out of her lane. Adoption is a lifesaver for so many kids. **** what she thinks.

She sounds very toxic! I'd immediately go no contact. Explain to your daughter that her grandmother has suffered brain damage. And therefore doesn't know what she says most of the time. Good on you for adopting a child!

It's not a lie if you beat your MIL's head in while your daughter isn't looking...

Lydmyers 9

I hope you ordered that bitch out of your house.

yeah that would be the last time she would be in my home or around my child. not when you wanted to tell you daughter but now your hand is forced. keep it simple, her real mommy loved her but couldn't take care of her so she gave her to you and daddy to love

God what a bitch. I wouldn't let her near my child again.

I can only agree with the others. That'd be "you're never seeing me or my daughter again, no get out of my house this instant" (or I get out if it's their house). That's just a nasty thing to say, even if the child knows she's adopted. Your parents are those that raise and care for you, not those that gave birth to you.

DoctorPALO 14

M-I-L has issues. Keep her away from your child.