By outagrand - 01/08/2009 14:08 - Australia

Today, I gave my mother a pre-prepared deposit envelope with my fortnightly wage in it, in cash. I tell her exactly where the deposit box is and what to do. I'm now desperately calling the bank because my mother accidentely put my $1200 deposit in the little trash can for receipts under the ATM. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 930
You deserved it 13 931

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

girandwogpig 0

In reply to #9.......who wouldn't?

YDI for not having killed such a stupid woman sooner.

arienh4 0

There's stupid and there's... unbelievable. And then there's your mother.

That's too bad you lost your cash wages. Your pimp is probably going to be super pissed when you can't pay him.

YDI for using the term Fortnightly. What...Were you paid by Shakespeare?

lmmmr 0

What's wrong with fortnight? And what's wrong with Shakespeare?

The reason he used "fortnightly" is probably because he has a decent vocabulary and doesn't think it's "cool" too look like an idiot and purposely stunt your own language skills to be like everyone else. Being average is overrated.

manoverboard 0

Yah, seriously? Not everyone's IQ matches their shoe size, you know.

Also, she's in Australia, and I can bet at least $3.27 that #19 didn't notice. So, it might be normal there.

Fortnightly means every two weeks. (Can't use "biweekly" because that also means twice per week.)

Hoax_fml 0

How about bimonthly? Also, pre-prepared deposit envelope? Might wanna cut out some redundancy and just say prepared deposit envelope. Or we could go nuts and just call it a "deposit envelope" because the "prepared" is very much implied.

helloletsgo 0

bimonthly can also mean once every two months

They should probably put the trash can for receipts in a different area to prevent any further chances of fail.

I can't speak for that particular bank but every one I've seen in australia tends to have the ATMs (with the slot underneath for receipts) in a completely different area from quick deposits. The receipt bin is built into the ATM or at the very least the wall.

You should have done it yourself, you lazy asshole.

proud_liberal 0

you should be donating money to charity and black people instead of giving it to the greedy banks. YDI for trying to hoard money

NewLight8421 0

to everyone saying "YDI for being lazy!!!" this is coming from a person that's sitting around commenting on fml?

helloletsgo 0

if she's making that much probably means she's working full time. maybe the mum doesn't work at all so it's not lazy but I wouldn't chance it