By poor man - 26/11/2014 14:13 - United States - Fort Lauderdale

Today, I frantically told my parents that my bank account had no money. Turns out, they took the $1,600 I had saved up from a summer job and invested it in penny-stocks. I was grounded because they were "doing it for the family," and I'm being selfish. They also had lost it all in a matter of days. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 743
You deserved it 2 974

Same thing different taste

Top comments

meggieeeee92 27

How did they get access to your account? And doesn't the bank notify you when you take out a large amount of money? Your parents are ****** up and should be paying you back for their stupidity.

ahippienamedrae 10

That sucks, OP. Maybe you can get them to pay you back eventually ):

Comments

Sathane 21

Grounded? **** that shit! That's called theft. Time to call the cops.

Steal your parents credit card, when they find out tell them they're being selfish and should help out family

Maybe ironically you'd better save your money in your draw the next time.

You need to change accounts ASAP and under no circumstance give them access to it. Your parents seem like a pair of losers.

PARENTS! You'll never win an argument with them. Even though they did wrong, they have the guts to have you grounded. Pff.

Oh my god, that is a dick move. I hope they're paying you back for that stupidity!

VoodooPriestess 16

I feel your pain. It was a bit different for me, but it still felt like a slap in the face. It hurts when people can't be trusted.

It looks like the wolf of Wall Street concept wasn't very helpful on your family

Considering you are under age, they have to be on the account. I know how that sucks. What I would do is file a small claim against your parents. I do believe you have legal status since they used the money you were saving, not because you wanted them on your account, but because you have to have them on there. If you are a minor, things change when it comes to money in bank accounts. If you can prove that you had intent on using that money for a specific purpose, you can win.. Pay stubs should be able to help. Also, tell them they are selfish because they stole your money.