By Anonymous - 15/09/2009 18:18 - United States

Today, I found out that the reason I hadn't gotten pregnant yet was because my husband had a vasectomy after the birth of his son. He even had the nerve to continously tell me, "it'll happen soon, baby" and let me believe we were trying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 488
You deserved it 3 968

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Is he the one who told you? Because if he's not, and if you're the extremely vengeful type, you should get pregnant (sperm bank or other method) and surprise him right back with the happy news.

Do what Jordan had Dr. Cox do on that one episode of Scrubs. Reverse vasectomy!

Comments

yohaun12 3

instead of ACTUALLY getting pregnant, why not fake the pregnancy and then have him drive himself crazy wondering how. that way, u cant get called a hoe when he realizes that you got pregnant by some else. a lot less guilt

Because seeing the husband hasn't had a child since his first child after the vasectomy, I'm pretty sure he'd be a smart enough man to figure out that he'd been cheated on if the OP decided to say she was pregnant. Reason being, a story was floating around the internet not too long ago that a guy had a vasectomy. Well come to find out, his girlfriend at the time stated she was pregnant. He kept his cool but finally confronted her after she said it was his and she wouldn't have an abortion. When he told her that it was damn near impossible for him to have kids, she admitted that she had a one-night stand with a guy but he (BF) was a better man and would make a better father.

That is a terrible story, is it only me that finds it strange that everyone thinks it's ok for women to be "baby-crazy" to such an extent that they're willing to lie and cheat. i mean, what's wrong with adopting or just not having any kids, it's obvious he doesn't really want to and a marriage isn't about forcing another to endure torture just so you can get what you want.

Him forcing her into childless marriage so he can get what he wants is fine by you?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

i dont think she can see the sperm, since its microscopic and all...men still ejaculate semen it just doesnt have sperm in it

O_HALEZ_NAW, You are confused. When you have a vasectomy you produce semen that has no sperm. Semen is the fluid (the ****, the spooge, etc.) and sperm are the little, specialized swimming cells with only 1/2 the chromosomes of other cells (ova also have 1/2 the chromosome, too) and they are carried to their destination in the fluid. Sperm are produced in the testicles and a vasectomy prevents them from getting into the seminal stream. This is why the OP's husband had been able to shoot blanks for years without his wife knowing it.

plexico, You are confused. It is still possible for some to escape.

It's actually not, it's just possible to have a reverse-vasectomy 70% chance if I'm correct, if not, it's not a 70% chance.

Plexico, read a human sexuality book. Your little lesson made you sound like a smart ass.

Solip, yes it's possible, but it takes several thousands of sperm to get someone pregnant. The first sperm to touch the egg is not necessarily the one to fertilize it. It actually takes a barrage of sperm to weaken the outer "shell" of the egg before one can actually get in.

Bullshit, solopsistic! The failure rate of vasectomies is about 1 in 2000. The probability of sperm getting through after the procedure is so small that calling it "possible" is misleading. Even then, the few failures are probably procedures that were done wrong, so when a vasectomy is done right, it is impossible for sperm to enter the seminal flow.

Hey anything is possible. One of my best friends is a major miracle since her mom had her tubes tied and her dad had a vasectomy, yet they still had here after all of that! And no, mom did not cheat. She looks like her mom and dad.

You should punch him in the face then leave and find some sperm somewhere else.

muffinsareyummy 1

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I wouldn't advise any revenge plan involving conceiving as a means of retaliation. We're talking about a child here. However, something as fundamental to a relationship as the decision to build a family together makes this lie absolutely despicable. So much for all those straight-laced people always bashing single moms' FMLs to the tune of "YDI for not marrying him before getting pregnant." Well the OP did. And what good does that do her? So nothing is ever all black or all white. In this particular instance, it is borderline fraud. Most young women marry with the intention of having children, or at least with all the facts they need to know about their boyfriend to make an informed decision. OP clearly wanted children and I would assume her husband knew that before marrying her. OP, if you love him you will be tempted to forgive and compromise on your desire to be a mother. Don't. Think about the magnitude of that deception and about how you are going to trust him on other issues in the future. If he could do that to you, what WOULDN'T he do? I say divorce his ass. Heck, if you haven't been married that long, you can try and get an annulment for fraud. I'm not sure it would fly but you deserve a clean slate.

As funny as it would be to see the look on his face when you tell him "Honey! you were right it finally happened!" I have to agree, getting pregnant for revenge, while quite hilarious, is probably not the most efficient method of getting him back in the long term... considering you would then be stuck raising a child either by yourself or with a lying ass. I do have to agree though, don't even think of forgiving him for this. A person capable of telling a lie of that magnitude directly to your face while sharing the most intimate of moments with you is most likely capable of telling you anything. You could always sew his balls to the bed sheets and them scream real loud in the middle of the night to see the look on his face when he tries to jump up. Funny, simple, no long term side effects. You get a good laugh out of it. What better revenge plan could you ask for (assuming you are one of those people who just has to ******* have the last laugh).

Well, assuming that it isn't her husband himself who fessed up to his lie and that she found out via some other mean, she could just always lie back to him and *claim* to be pregnant just to see his reaction. And when he tells her, astounded and furious, that it's impossible because he made sure it wouldn't happen, she'd go: "No no, I assure you. Actually I think I'm giving birth right nowwwaaaaaAAGH!" ...and pull out divorce papers from under her shirt.

OP probably kicked him in the nuts after she found out and left him infertile anyway.

Mignun 0

If you really want a baby, I suggest going to a sperm bank. Don't bother getting it reversed, because it honestly sounds like he doesn't want a baby. Yeah, you can get back at him, but would that really help the marriage?

It depends on what the hospital offers. It also depends on the person's income.

I agree...and at the VERY latest he should have said something when she told him she wanted kids with him someday.