By imfucked - 26/07/2019 14:00

Today, I found out the paycheck I deposited on Tuesday bounced. This means that the checks I sent to my landlord, the electric and gas company and my mom will also bounce. When I told my boss, we got into an argument over bank fees and he fired me. I had thumped him, though. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 616
You deserved it 264

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Trinity Fenwick 7

if you, nicely, talk to the bank, they can remove your late fees.

LostSoul 19

Report him to the state labor board.

Comments

Trinity Fenwick 7

if you, nicely, talk to the bank, they can remove your late fees.

Darebearius 7

I work for a bank and this not true at all. Setting an expectation that we can just waive fees as a courtesy is hurtful towards the bank because clients get this idea in their head that, even though they signed a contractual agreement wherein they agree to the late fees and agree to the validity of them, they can be waived. This just leads to entitled people who throw tantrums when they're told "no". It's on a case by case basis whether or not the fees are waived, but asking nicely is not a guarantee at all. It doesn't increase nor decrease your chances of getting a refund.

LostSoul 19

Report him to the state labor board.

He "thumped him" - what does THAT even mean?

In Australia to thump someone is to hit them in one way or another

Well that's pretty stupid. All that does is guarantee that it's going to be harder to resolve and in worst case cause him to lose a potential unlawful firing lawsuit because he hit him.

Traveling_Book 9

I get the being angry, but don’t compound things by catching an assault charge.

I dont know what that means. You thumped him?