By Anonymous - 19/01/2011 01:51 - Australia

Today, I found out that since no other procedures are working, I was required to stop eating, and drink a bunch of foul tasting 'goo', which will in turn give me constant diarrhea. This will then prepare me nicely for the long tube with a camera on the end of which will be shoved up my rectum. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 413
You deserved it 3 805

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SirEBC 7

People get colonoscopies all of the time. Big deal.

FYLDeep 25

When doctors get to the bottom of things, they quite literally get to the bottom of them.

Comments

perdix 29

This is exactly what I thought when I saw this

well at least you will know what's wrong with you. that's most important

Quit whining. I had one 6 years ago b/c my dad has Crohn's Disease. He just had a Colostomy 2 months ago. He now ***** through a hole on his belly and doesn't have a rectum anymore. Life could be MUCH worse than a routine colonoscopy.

dtrepanier 0

you guys know it's called a colonoscopy. and it's checking for tumors and cancer. so it's not a procedure for prior tests that haven't worked...

tinygiraffe 0

I disagree. I had one done because the barium swallow, barium enema, esophagoduodenoscopy, and gluten allergy tests were inconclusive. My doctor figured I didn't have colon cancer (I'm an 18 year old female) but thought it was a good idea for me to have one done anyway so he could look for other reasons why I experience pain every time I eat. Just saying - they're not done just to look for cancer or tumors.

no, it's not actually just checking for tumours. It primarily checks for things like ulcerative colitis and crohn's disease (inflammatory bowel disorders, both are auto-immune, chronic, horrible illnesses). both UC and crohn's are hard to diagnose with other tests, so presumably, OP means other tests have failed to diagnose her condition, and so she is having colonoscopy as other tests have failed.

rofflewaffle 9

Fowl tasting? So was it chicken or turkey?

mouras 5

it's called a colonoscopy. get the **** over it.