By segal1010 - 28/02/2013 00:27 - United States - Potomac

Today, I found out that my mom has linked my iPhone with her iPad and has been secretly reading my texts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 876
You deserved it 4 296

Same thing different taste

Top comments

start sending some texts that will freak her out.

Comments

disGRUNTled123 2
JasonEP 3

Did this fool even read the fml?

Read her facebook messages in response.

skyeyez9 24

If your mom is paying for your cell phone bill, you have no right to complain. If you are paying it yourself, you have a problem.

Yeah that's logical. So because my mom pays for my living before I turn 18 she can read my e-mails, SMS, diary etc. What a ******* great system. Glad my parents were more civilized than that.

75, I see it as the parents have a right to look through the phone if they bought and pay for it. My parents used to, but they had to ask first. I can see where you're going with the "they can look through my things because they paid my living expenses?" In all fairness, as a minor they can. Because a person is just that, a minor. It's the parents' responsibility to teach them something. It's a parent's responsibility to keep them safe. Sure, some parents are overboard. But I keep a journal that I bought. My parents won't look through it because I bought it. I'm sure they would have already had they bought it for me. I don't want to start something. Just trying to give you a different outlook :)

I know that in most places they legally can, but really, it's ******* immoral and stupid. If that's the example someone wants to set for their kids, sure. I just pointed out that it isn't fair or moral. True douchebag move to do that. My parents have never checked my e-mails or such unless I show them, because we all want privacy, even minors. We also deserve it.

How is the linking done? I didn't know it was possible.

Ins0mau 20

Using the same account on both I-devices. You'd need a password though.

It's bad news when parents learn how to utilize technology.

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

The parents of this young generation aren't exactly old fogies that have no knowledge of today's new-fangled technology. Adults (a lot of whom are parents themselves) were the ones that designed this technology, and marketed it to, you guessed it, adults. Not children. iTechnology is also used daily in the modern business world. It's amusing when people assume only kids knows how to use an iPhone.

Don't confront her. Send some texts that say how much you trust her and glad that she trusts you. That will guilt her into stopping

rique2008 10

My sister tried to do that to me, but thankfully I was notified that it had happened within seconds so I was able to disable her from it immediately. It was fun watching her try to explain how it was an accident.

Wait until she is in the shower and open the curtain and when she screams tell her I felt that way when I notice you were being nosey reading my text. Or just ask her why?