By Anonymous - 12/12/2011 03:38 - United States

Today, I found out that my father died a little over a year ago. I don't know what's worse; the fact that I don't care or the fact that in his will all he wanted was me not to attend his funeral. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 884
You deserved it 6 866

Same thing different taste

Top comments

abbytequiere 9

If you don't care that he died, why would you care that he didn't want you to go to the funeral? Sounds like it was a mutual understanding.

Comments

kaykay20 0

Seems like he got what he wanted. Ydi for being a ungrateful and uncaring son. It's no surprise he didn't want you there with how you worded the fml.

Ergayles 9

How do you know it was the son that was ungrateful? The dad was probably a deadbeat all of his son's life, and that's probably why op doesn't give a shit.

kaykay20 0

Was just basing my opinion of him on what he said. I went the other way with this and assumed the son was at fault and the dad knew and didn't see the need to invite someone who didn't care anymore whether it's his son or not. From what I got from the fml the son wouldn't even have went to see him if he was alive. So what's the point of inviting someone you know wouldn't come?

kaykay20 0

Caring parents have children that rebel, be uncaring, and ungrateful for them. Most grow out of it but it's possible the son didn't completely yet. Not the most possible situation but still possible.

Ergayles 9

^ Yeah, I understand what you're saying now. Whenever I see something where the parent no longer respects or cares about his/ her child I tend to blame the parent. I didn't mean to sound like a douchebag.

I don't think one is worse, I think they go hand in hand...

zycrone 5

idk wuts worse, that i too don't care if my dad dies or the fact that i'm already trying to find an excuse to skip the funeral

Easy. It's definitely worse that he didn't want you there. Parents for the most part love their children unconditionally and are usually wiling to forgive and overlook their children's faults. Sooo, what'd you do that'd make a man make such a request in his will?

If you don't care, why are you worried about it?

kikiwi_fml 9

You guys must have had a fantastic relationship.

Men do cry. Real men can cry in front of others without shame.

Life sucks sometimes. Find Jesus,he will love you nomatter what. Lol make him where a rubber!!!

Find Jesus? I love you stupid Christians. He never existed. :)

sorry op i hate to break it to you but this is not over. one day the pain of whatever has happened between you and your dad and then his final rejection will sneak up on you when you least expect it. i hope you have other family members or friends who will help you when this happens. i speak from experience. i wish you the best.

perdix 29

I vote it's worse that you don't care. I don't know what went wrong between you two or who was at fault, but it's sad that your relationship had gotten so bad and now you will never have the chance to repair it. I lost my dad 9 years ago and I still miss him terribly. I loved him. I'm sorry you didn't feel that way about yours.