By Anonymous - 12/12/2011 03:38 - United States

Today, I found out that my father died a little over a year ago. I don't know what's worse; the fact that I don't care or the fact that in his will all he wanted was me not to attend his funeral. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 883
You deserved it 6 866

Same thing different taste

Top comments

abbytequiere 9

If you don't care that he died, why would you care that he didn't want you to go to the funeral? Sounds like it was a mutual understanding.

Comments

Daddy issues. It's a shame that they will never be resolved. That's why you should respect your parents always, whether they deserve to have you or not. Becuase you know, you never know when someine us goibg to die, and trust me, deep down you will always feel like a piece of your soul is missing because you never got to resolce your problems. Kayy I'll leave now.

FYLDeep 25

Because* is* It helps to type with your eyes open...

LOL xD Thanks guys,^_^ I apologize for my careless typing xD

That's not true. People can live happily without their parents. Sounds like this guy was awful, so be glad he's gone and move on to greater matters.

FYLDeep 25

Sounds like you were both assholes.

bryannab1 0
MatthewDmerrill 5

Wow that sucks I would be sad.

Wow. This is hard to read. OP, I hope you can make peace some day. Dad is dad regardless of whatever happened. :(

AlaskaKid95 7

A bit difficult to make peace when his dad is dead..

Is it just me or is this the most awkward fml ever? I can't even think of a pun without feeling guilty...

"well I guess any chance with a relationship with your father is now dead"

FYLDeep 25

Perdix isn't going to like this FML since the team has yet to implement a way to vote for which is worse.

perdix 29

You are right! I voted below, but without a counting system, how is the OP going to know what the "collective unconscious" thinks is worse?

FYLDeep 25

Yeah, it doesn't make sense. Don't the OPs visit this site to use it as a support group?

armywife0609 4

no fyl its FHL for not wanting you to be there for him,its his lose my condolences for you and your family

LezBiHonest 7

Sorry about your loss...but, why did it take a little over a year for you to find out?!

marisadc79 0

Must be a bad family situation all around. I can make you feel better. My brother in law just committed a double homicide and it's not only all over the place locally but internationally to boot. We're having Christmas there next week. FML and yours.