By Anonymous - 12/12/2011 03:38 - United States

Today, I found out that my father died a little over a year ago. I don't know what's worse; the fact that I don't care or the fact that in his will all he wanted was me not to attend his funeral. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 884
You deserved it 6 866

Same thing different taste

Top comments

abbytequiere 9

If you don't care that he died, why would you care that he didn't want you to go to the funeral? Sounds like it was a mutual understanding.

Comments

I think that your not caring is the reason for him not wanting you at his funeral, right? Don't you think it's partly your fault? That still sucks though, and I'm sorry.

Except you wouldn't have known what was in the will until AFTER the funeral. So you could have been there for it, just not known you weren't supposed to be.

Funerals are over rated. Dead people don't care. It's for the living. If you didn't care to go then there is no loss. I will miss my parents when they pass away, but I have no feelings for those who might attend their funerals!

I'm my dads only child and I will probably get nothing if he were to die. My dad is a dead beat who does not help me out with shit.

argybargy 3

Sounds a lot like my dad. My sympathies are with you, Anonymous Michigander.

It's the same with my dad. I wouldn't care if he died. Sometes the father/son relationship never really develops... Sorry to hear it though, stay strong bro.

msmarine 2

I completely understand where the op is coming from, I don't have a good relationship with my father at all. It's a very difficult thing to deal with but it seems like the op and the father in question came to terms with the state of their relationship. In some of these cases it's the right thing to do to distance themselves. It isn't the op's fault and it isn't the father's either sometimes a series of events take place and the outcome become out of your control. I feel for you op.