By jazzterchic - 29/12/2016 15:03 - United States - San Antonio

Today, I found out that my boyfriend's mom doesn't believe you can get food poisoning from food that is cooked. She gave us food that had sat out all day/night and then got angry when I said we could get sick. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 609
You deserved it 393

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Cook some food, leave it out for a week, show her the mold growth. If she doesn't believe you after that, let natural selection take its course...

Comments

Cook some food, leave it out for a week, show her the mold growth. If she doesn't believe you after that, let natural selection take its course...

Your boyfriend must have the stomach of an ox

It's not an iff statement though. Because it sat out also doesn't mean you'll get sick. It's like the idiots who think raw eggs/meat will get you sick because it's raw. More likely than if it's cooked, yes; will because it's raw, no.

Americans seem to geet crazy about that kind of stuff. And then they go eat processed shit. Don't try to understand.

The cooking process can help eliminate a lot of risk associated with bacteria and parasites. If food isn't kept suitably hot/cold, even after being cooked, it invites bacteria growth which can cause illness. So the risk is substantially increased. Eating something raw isn't guaranteed to hurt you, but you need to be careful about it. Foods that will be eaten raw should be stored, handled, and prepared in certain ways to minimize that risk.

That's why I only eat foods riddled with preservatives. And Taco Bell. Delicious , and safe. We'll talk about cancer years down the road from now .

Tell her she can still keep her doctor too. oh wait... this isn't the Obamacare FML. hahaha

species4872 19

We can't eat that, fine, give it to the dog. No wonder the dog woke up and bit that other guy on the face.

Haha my parents did this and I didn't learn it was weird/gross till college. Explains why I rarely got sick. Your boyfriend must never get ill ?

OP's MIL:What do you mean you can get sick from food that's cooked I roasted it over a fire for three seconds ten years ago Why would it matter that rats ate half of it and cats peed on it You're just spoiled and selfish, darn millennials. Sorry op, I hope it gets better