Babysitters for hire

By Middle Age Divorced Dad - 24/01/2023 11:00 - Canada - Kanata

Today, my girlfriend and I went out to neighbour's just down the street and left my 12 and 14 year-old daughters at home. The 12 year-old found the fire extinguisher and thought it was whipped cream, put it in her mouth, and tried to eat it. The 14 year-old didn't even bother to call us. Luckily, the 12 year-old is fine, the stuff was safe. FML
I agree, your life sucks 820
You deserved it 326

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm having serious trouble believing that a 12 Y.O. didn't know what a fire extinguisher is to confuse it with whipped cream. A fire extinguisher.

Thinking you probably need to put your kids in a different school. Guessing the current school teaches whipped cream safety in their big red dispensers.

Comments

I'm having serious trouble believing that a 12 Y.O. didn't know what a fire extinguisher is to confuse it with whipped cream. A fire extinguisher.

If true, I see 2 college funds being transferred over to retirement savings.

Thinking you probably need to put your kids in a different school. Guessing the current school teaches whipped cream safety in their big red dispensers.

You are probably being lied to - No normal 12 year old is going to confuse a fire extinguisher with whipped cream dispenser unless the 14 year old was working hard to do that. It’s even possible they had a small fire that they put out - Does anything look scorched or burned?

You leave your kids at home without teaching them about the fire extinguisher and how to use it? YDI

A 12 year old should definitely know what a fire extinguisher is.

Tisinlovewithme 2

you need to check your 12yos mental status if this is true

Kids and TikTok can be a dangerous mix- I mean where else would they get this idea?

they lied to you. it was probably a dare or the 12 year old curious what it would taste like. unless you've never explained what the extinguisher is for.

Wickedwildjoker6 2

How many FMLs do you have? 🤨

Wow... 12 years old is plenty old enough to know the difference between a fire extinguisher and whipped cream. This is our future, and I'm terrified.