By frigid - 12/10/2011 01:05

Today, I found out my landlord is too cheap to turn up the hot water tank enough to have a comfortable shower. There's a huge padlock on the door, she won't budge, and I'm signed in until December. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 969
You deserved it 2 337

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nomudkips 4

You need to keep your water heater at 140F/60C, otherwise Legionnaire's disease bacteria can grow inside the tank. It should be 125F/50C at minimum.

Check renter's rights in your area. There may be a standard your cheap ass landlord has to abide by.

Comments

samicna 4

fair housing! you can get out of your lease call them and confirm your rights!

Maybe she's not cheap. Maybe there's an anti-scald device and it's malfunctioning, or set wrong? Maybe she's set it low because a previous tenant scalded themselves with hot water? You never know. Anyway, as others have suggested, you might try investigating what your legal rights are, and availing yourself of help via the appropriate government agency where you live, or, if all else fails, a lawyer. People can do amazing things when they get a letter that's been drafted by an attorney. Often, a lawyer letter all by itself is enough to make someone sit up and take notice and give you what you want, or at least be motivated to work out some reasonable compromise. At that point they know they can't just blow you off--they either have to work something out, or be prepared to dig in and fight.

WTF. Who has the time to read all this shit dude?

Took me about 35 seconds. Is your life REALLY that busy?

Just let her spill her feelings out like beer in a partyfoul.

21- Pretty much if I can consider reading all the fucktard long ass comments posted here and those who measure the time it takes to read a post.

Gween, how many seconds it took you to write that comment? Please post your results here to check it against the others.

meowcow 3

Turn the heat up in the house so high that the water is hot enough. See how much she likes the energy bill from that instead

Chin up, only 2 more months....you can do it!

cristig 0

hmm get a pair of hammers and just bang the sides of the lock. it will trigger the spring and pop right open, with no damage to the lock. fix the hot water Meter or whatever you gotta do and then just close the lock back up!! she'll never notice :)

Ins0mau 20

Over here in Australia, it's usually the tenant that pays the power bill anyway.

Ok now try this Politely approach her, say exactly this Lovely lady like yourself won't be such evil to don't allow me having hot(or warm) shower for only once Now correct some grammar mistakes I made add some good vocabluary if you want and execute This may help If she isn't that jackass

puppy23 3

You may be signed in till December but that's not what you signed up for. Lawyer up, your local council/housing association can provide advice and access to one, what your landlord doing is illegal.

You can leave if the loving conditions are that bad.

I assume you meant living conditions.. Loving conditions sound good too though, might be a good idea to have a warm boy/girlfriend to snuggle and keep warm with...

ikickgingers 15

This reminds me of the beginning of an Amos Lee song....