By Anon - 23/05/2016 10:49 - United States - Lansing

Today, I found out my husband has been catfishing my sixteen year-old brother for over a year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 221
You deserved it 1 254

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What the **** did I just read? How did you even find this out?

That's disturbing, I suggest you have a serious talk about why that's not ok.

Comments

Ok, theres something seriously WHAT THE **** with this FML. Your Husband, I'm assuming, is a grown man, "catfishing" an underage boy. Which is technically being a pedophile. which is illegal. You need to sit that man the **** down and have a serious talk, and if it continues...you and your brother need to run far, far away.

Of all FMLs, this one really could use a follow-up. I am sorry, OP, I hope you find a good way to deal with it, and that your poor brother comes out of the ordeal properly.

Well ain't that some shit. What a story to tell his future kids and wife xD

"When I was 16, I was emotionally manipulated by my sibling's husband for well over a year. It was hilarious and the trauma I suffered is such a blast to deal with!" Oh yeah, great story there.

It would have been far less worse if it was a prank for like a week or so but OVER A YEAR?!?! Wtf...

Obviously this is messed up, but I wouldn't go so far as to call the guy a pedophile until we know more of the story. Catfishing doesn't mean he sent nudes or anything like that. For all we know they just chatted. While it's weird, it's not criminal.

There's that chance it's criminal though and it should be looked into. If someone was doing that to an underage relative of mine I'd be sticking them in a lava tube somewhere.

I hope he let you read their entire conversation, I'm pretty sure it was hilarious :D

You think a grown man psychologically manipulating a minor for over a year is hilarious? I hope you're young.

Yeah, there are way too many things wrong with this situation to even count. If he's been catfishing the the brother that long, it's highly unlikely there isn't some sexual or romantic tones to the situation. Likely both. Which means that the husband has been emotionally manipulating and possibly obtaining sexual pictures from the brother. I'd be strongly considering a divorce in OP's shoes. Even if the kid brother is a brat, a year of emotional manipulation of more than ample time to cause harm to the brother mentally and emotionally. That's ignoring the inevitable emotional trauma from finding out who it was the whole time. Kid is probably going to need help after this. Being betrayed by someone who is technically an adult, and one that he should have been able to trust... Not pretty.

I don't see how people fall for this stuff. Don't you think after a year of not being face to face maybe screaming catfish at you?

Something I'd do to a friend but not for a year long... just long enough to mess with them, then I'd reveal myself